Chpt 28~beaten

"I want chocolate," Bev exclaimed as she put both her arms over Eddie and Mike's shoulders.

The 6 of them were all out at town after Stan and Eddie invited them to. It was going quite well but Eddie missed Richie being with them, he missed his trash mouth.

"So Benny, what you having babe," Bev asked as walked away from Eddie and Mike and walked over to Ben.

"Wtf," Eddie thought as she gave Ben a soft kiss. Eddie wasn't entirely sure what the fuck was going on, but he knew who to ask. He looked over and saw Bill staring intensely, he looked like he was about to break down.

"One second, i need to talk to Bill quickly," Eddie told everyone as he pulled Bill and himself away from the others. "Are they dating or something?"

Bill nodded quickly, keeping his head down. Eddie felt bad, he knew that Bill always had a thing for Bev. They did kiss before and that's when he thought Bev liked him back, but something changed. And she took a sudden interest in Ben, leaving Bill to keep his crush hidden from everyone.

"Are you okay ab-"

"Yes. I'm f-ffff-fine, i d-duh-don't like her a-aa-anymore."

Eddie nodded, he knew it was a lie. Everyone saw the way Bill looked at her, they just didn't mention it.

"It's just un-unexpected, about t-thu-them dating, you know?"

"Yeah, i always knew Ben had a thing for her but Bev? Wow," Eddie replied stunned as he watched the two of them flirt.

"You gonna order the ice cream soon Eddie," yelled Stan. Eddie nodded at the boy and him and Bill made their way back to the group.

"So, what does everyone want again?" Questioned Eddie to everyone.

"Chocolate for me and Bev," Ben replied.

"Mint," Stan responded.

"I'll have mint too actually," Mike spoke with a smile. Eddie loved the fact that Mike smiled at any time. It always made him smile as well.

"I'll have v-vvv-vanilla please E-eddie," Bill replied.

Eddie nodded at them all and walked over to the ice cream van. There was a queue, not a long one though. He just made to try and remember what to order. 2 mints, 2 chocolates, 1 vanilla, and 1 strawberry for himself.

As Eddie continued to wait and wait and wait, he finally ordered the ice creams. He was just waiting for the man to finish making them until he felt a soft tap on his shoulder.

Eddie was a little startled but he slowly turned around to see Richie, with a nose bleed? And bruises? "What the fuck," Eddie thought to himself.

"Eds don't leave, please i-"

"What the fuck happened to you," Eddie questioned but it was obviously. He got beaten up but Eddie just wanted to know who and why. "Did you get beaten up?"

"Mhm. Guess who by," Richie asked while laughing.

"It's not funny, who done it?"

"Belch, and Victor," Richie spoke while trying to build up the tension. "They're great friends."

"That wouldn't of happened if you stayed friends with us," Eddie murmured quietly but was still heard by Richie.

"Sorry."

Eddie just rolled his eyes and took a slight inspection of Richie's face. He was bruised on his cheek and lip and had a nose bleed. Not a major one but still, his face was messed up badly from the 3 boys.

"Come on," Eddie demanded as he took a hold of Richie's wrist and began to pull him to the others. They all had their ice cream, Mike passed Eddie his ice cream once he got over to them.

"What's he doing here," Stan questioned, not too harshly.

"He got beaten up, look how messed up his face is!" Eddie spoke as he gestured his hands to show them Richie's bruises and blood. "Got in a fucking fight."

Richie stayed quiet, he didn't even face any of the losers. He didn't know if they were annoyed at him, let alone Eddie. So he just stood silently while facing down at the gravel floor, letting Eddie speak for him.

"His face does look messed up, no change there then," Stan joked but without a smile or a laugh, Richie knew he was joking. That's how they always acted.

"Shut it, Staniel," Richie then spoke up as he lifted up his head to face the boy, a grin appearing on his face.

Stan just rolled his eyes once a little grin appeared and then faced Eddie. "What are we supposed to do with him?"

"You act as if he's an object Stan," Ben spoke up.

"Oh he knows i'm joking."

Richie faced his head down, hiding the slight grin on his face. He liked that they all didn't hate him but he still felt bad for leaving them for Connor.

"I can't leave him like this," Eddie protested. "Look at the blood and the bruises!"

"Go fix him up," Mike suggested. This made Stan look towards Eddie and give him a look. A look that Eddie knew what he was basically telling Eddie to talk to Richie, about what they both spoke about early in that day. Eddie was gonna speak for Richie about it but he definitely didn't forgive him. What he heard Richie and Connor talk about in the toilets shattered his heart, well that's what it felt like to him at the time. He told Richie to leave him alone but now, he saw himself getting ready to leave the others and take Richie to his house?! What the fuck.

"Are you sure guys? I can-"

"Go," Bev protested, cutting his sentence short. "He needs fixing up, even his hair looks messed up."

Richie received a smile from Beverly before she turned to face Eddie again.

"It's always messed up," Eddie spoke before he turned to face Richie, a blunt expression. "I don't expect us to be long guys, i'll call you all when i'm finished fixing up this mess," he added with once again, a blunt expression on his face.

"Does Eddie hate me?" Richie questioned himself.