Chpt 33~reasons

After the kiss, Eddie immediately ran upstairs to his room and locked the door. Obviously when his mum came back, he was gonna let him in but he couldn't bare to look at him after basically confessing his feelings. It sucked for him. Really sucked.

"Cmon Eds, let me in. Please?"

No answer, just whimpers from the boy that was laying down under his covers. He could hear Richie's desperate attempts to let him in but he still wouldn't budge.

"I might as well go home if you're keeping me out here," Richie spoke loudly, loud enough that Eddie could hear the pain in his voice. The sadness.

"No," Eddie whimpered as he lifted the cover off of his head. "Don't go home."

"Let me in then, over wise i will."

Silence. Richie sighed and dug his head into the palm of his hands. This was until he heard little footsteps trodding towards the door. And suddenly, the door unlocked. As soon as Richie heard the click, he immediately jumped up and opened the door to enter Eddie's room.

"Thank fuck, it was getting boring out there," Richie laughed as he closed the door and made his way to Eddie's bed. He sat next to Eddie who was then burying himself in the covers.

"Not gonna speak?"

Eddie peeped his head over the cover to look over at Richie, who was looking nervously down at his feet. "I was thinking," the boy responded quietly.

"About what?"

"What the fuck do you think dickwad."

Richie let out a laugh as he moved his body to sit next to Eddie's. He placed his hand on Eddie's thigh and rubbed his thumb in circles to calm the boy down. "No need to lock me out for ages."

"I know.. Sorry," Eddie apologised sympathetically. Richie just nodded to show that he accepted the apology and then moved a little bit closer to the boys body.

"What are you doing Rich?"

Richie didn't reply, he just got his body as close to Eddie's as possible and then dropped his head to lean on Eddie's shoulder. His thumb was still softly rubbing on the boys thigh which still felt calming and gentle.

Eddie melting into the touch, he could hear the faint, soft breaths coming from Richie.

"You gonna tell me what you're doing now," Eddie giggled.

"I just needed a hug," Richie whispered back. "I miss having cuddles with people."

Eddie soggy laughed and then rubbed his hand through Richie's curls. "Didn't you and Connor cuddle?"

"No, he would just reach for my dick or some shit," he sighed.

"Oh.. Sorry."

Richie slightly lifted his head to look up at Eddie, his cheek was still squishing against Eddie's shoulder. "You need to stop apologising for shit that isn't your fault Eds."

"I'm sorry for you," Eddie corrected and shot a grinning smile at Richie, he received one back. But more of a sad smile.

"Sooo," Richie began as he lifted his head up and leaned against the wall instead. His hands also dropped to his sides, leaving the boys thighs. "We gonna talk about that kiss?"

"There's nothing to talk about.." Eddie quickly wriggled around to be able to lay down under the covers and lean his head on the pillow. He patted his hand on the space next to him to signal Richie to lay next to him, he did so.

"I wanna talk about it though, you've kissed me twice."

"I know."

"You need to stop kissing me and then acting as if it never happened, i need answers Eds," Richie huffed as he brushed his hand through his curly, messy hair.

Eddie shifted his body to the side, making it so he was now facing Richie. The lanky boy struggled but finally was able to shuffle his whole body around to his side, as well as Eddie.

Eddie took a deep breathe. "I guess it's because i feel- uh- attracted to you?" He cringed at the words and immediately closed his eyes, not excited to hear Richie's response.

"Right, well.. Could we talk about this another time? I'm really tired.." Richie was awkwardly scratching the back of his neck, his eyes were darting to anywhere apart from Eddie's direction.

"But.. You just said you needed answers," asked Eddie, you could hear the major confusion in his voice.

"Uh- i know but.. I feel really tired and maybe- we uh. You know, could talk about this some other time?"

"If you insist," Eddie quietly responded, he didn't want to leave it more time but he needed to give Richie space. After all, him and Connor only recently broke up.

Richie turned his body so he was now facing the wall, it was silent. You could only hear Richie's heavy breathing.

"Goodnight," Eddie whispered as he got comfortable enough in his bed to be able to fall asleep fast.

"What?" Richie turned his head slightly to look at the small boy, his head was sweating like mad.

"Uh- i said goodnight?"

"Oh," Richie laughed, it was a forced laugh though. Eddie could tell.

"Night Eds."

Richie stopped awkwardly scratching harshly as his skin and turned his head back around to face the wall once more.

Now it was silent.

And it was going to stay silent by the looks of it.