Chpt 49~invitation

It was Monday, the worst day of the week.

Richie had already gone to school, he avoided the Kaspbrak household when he left though and just rushed to school.

But now he had just spent a boring 2 hours in his first 2 periods. At least it was break.

"Hey Beaverly," Richie greeted as he approached her in the crowded halls.

"Hiya Rich, first 2 periods were a drag," she moaned as she slammed her locker shut and turned to face the lanky boy.

"I knowww, but guess who started to pass me notes during history!"

"Who Rich?"

"Nina Grey! She fucking passed me a note saying about a party and wanting me to be there, she's wierd and all but still." The two of them had walking their way to the bench that all the other losers were sitting at, including Eddie.

"I'm down, not gonna lie," the girl laughed as she took a seat next to Ben, he gave her a soft kiss on the cheek. Richie watched and faked gagged, and then took a seat between Bill and Mike.

"D-ddd-down for what," Bill asked.

"Oh nothin-"

"I got invited to a party," Richie cut in on Bev. "By Nina Grey!!"

All the losers brought their gazes up to look at Richie, all in shock. Eddie did have his attention to Richie as well, he just wasn't showing any emotion. Bev picked up on this.

"Nina Grey?" Mike asked in shock. "Ain't she like the most popular girl in the year?!"

"Yeah," Richie replied. "And the hottest."

Richie instantly felt a wave of guiltiness once he said that, he turned to look at Eddie. Once he saw the boy looking up at him in sadness, he turned away.

give him space. give him a few days.

"Last party we went to, it didn't go well," Ben remarked.

"Yeah but we don't have to get drunk," Stan quickly spoke up. "Besides, i'll be there to make sure nothing happens."

Bev sighed as she took a bite of her chicken wrap. "Are you sure she invited you," Bev asked as she turned to look at Richie, eyebrows furrowed.

"Yup."

"What did she say," Eddie finally spoke. Nobody really took notice of how Eddie was quiet the whole time, only Bev and Richie.

"Uhm well," Richie began while scratching the back of his neck. "She said i should come to the party this friday, she said about me and her getting to know each other if i go.."

The losers let out laughs, not from Eddie. Richie wasn't surprised though, he watched the small boy as he took nibbles out of his sandwich. It was only when Eddie finally looked up again that Richie instantly turned away. "What's so funny?"

"You k-know that means sh-sh-she wants t-ttt-to bang you ruh-right," Bill laughed.

"By 'getting to know each other' , she means fucking Rich," Mike added.

"Are you sure?"

"Oh cmon, even i know that," Ben laughed. They all exchanged laughs, Richie sighing at the lack of realisation.

"Well, i don't want to get to know her. I already have my eyes on someone," Richie admitted.

"R-really? Who?" Bill was intrigued, just like the others. Especially Eddie, although he didn't show it.

"Cmon Richie, you can't just say that and then not tell us who," Mike added.

Bev then sighed and gave them both an irrigated look. "Richie obviously doesn't want to tell us," she kindly spoke. "Besides, we can maybe get him to spill when he's drunk this friday.."

"I thought you didn't wanna go?"

"I changed my mind," She laughed. "I know last party didn't go well, but hopefully this one will."

The losers all hummed in agreement. Richie wasn't interested in getting to know Nina Grey, or getting drunk, or getting high. He was just interested in talking to Eddie that friday.

That will give him a full week.