Chpt 50~waiting

Monday went by like normal, Eddie was still quiet. Richie wasn't exactly quiet, he just tried his best not to give eye contact to Eddie or get too close.

Tuesday was boring, Eddie and Richie spoke a little in the hallway. Richie made sure his skin wasn't touching Eddie's. He would even feel guilty if his arm slightly brushed Eddie's, he would instantly move away and act like nothing happened.

Wednesday was the day that Richie didn't bother to turn up to school. Well, his alarm didn't seem to wake him up that morning. He woke up late and walked downstairs, instantly regretted it when he saw his dad on the couch. He got yelled out, pushed and slapped once or twice, harsh words thrown at him, but after that.. His father disappeared outside the house for the rest of the day.

Thursday was just like any other day, boring and miserable. Bev did speak to him about Eddie that day, during lunch.

[at lunch]

Richie was leaving his bio class, a handful of books held tightly in his hands. As soon as he left the crowded classroom, he was met with Beverly. She looked sad.

"Hiya Bev, what's up?"

"I wanted to ask you something," she sighed.

"Hey hey, listen. If you want tips on how to impress Ben with that mouth of yours, i'm always here for you to practise on-"

"Beep beep Richie!"

The two of them made their way to Richie's locker, he began to pile his books in there while Bev leaned on the lockers next to his. "I wanted to ask you about Eddie."

Richie's stomach got butterflies just at hearing the name. "Sure, what is it?"

"Have you spoke to him yet? It's been enough time i think," she softly spoke with a smile. It like it was contagious.

"I was thinking of maybe speaking to him tomorrow at the party," Richie replied as he shut his locker gently.

"Is he even going?"

"I'm not sure, if he isn't then i'll knock at his window," Richie laughed. "I'm not going if he's not going."

"I can ask him if you want," she offered. "Besides if something did happen to him, i don't think a party would do much good."

Richie hummed in agreement. "Are you all still going?"

Bev thought about it for a moment. "We can but we weren't really invited."

"Fuck it, just go," Richie laughed as the two of them made their way down the hallways. "I would kind of prefer to speak to him on our own."

"That's totally fine, drunk teenagers who would be surrounding him wouldn't do him any good anyways."

As the two of them finally made it to the outside, they could see the bench where the others sat from afar. There was silence until Richie asked one question. "What do you think happened to him?"

"Well.." Bev let out a sigh. "If he freaks out when people get close to him, then i can guess what kind of thing might've happened to him.."

"What's your guess them?" Richie asked, intrigued.

"I'm not sure if you wanna know-"

"Just tell me for fucks sake," Richie snapped. "Sorry for snapping at you, just tell me though. Please."

Bev let out another sigh in defeat. She turned to face Richie, she shot him a sympathy look before replying.

"Sexually assaulted, or attacked? It wouldn't surprise me by the way he's been acting, but that's just what i think."

Richie just nodded, faced down at the grass and continued to walk towards the others.

[present time]

Richie couldn't stop thinking about what Bev said, the thought of that happening to Eddie lingered in his head. He could imagine Eddie screaming for someone to help him, but of course.. He wasn't sure if that was what happened to him.

But it would be a pretty good guess by Bev.