Chpt 22~damage

It was late, well around 11:20pm but still late. Eddie was sat in his bed quietly after his mother had bathed in, hearing him speak. He told her that he was speaking to himself, there was no way he could tell her that Richie Tozier came round with no permission.

Not like she'll say yes if he asked her anyways.

[30 minutes ago]

"Eddie bear, i heard you speaking dear," softly spoke Sonia as she opened the door to his room. He was stood by the window, not facing out it though.

He watched as she slowly made her way towards the boy and slightly ran her hands through his silky, soft hair. He didn't want her to, he had an urge to slap her hand away. But he couldn't, not to his mother.

"No momma, i was- talking to myself," Eddie replied calmly, quiet proud of himself for thinking of an excuse quite quickly. Although, his mother was anything but gullible.

"Eddie dear.. You were shouting to yourself, i doubt it," she replied. She spoke softly, as if she wasn't mad or worried or anything. As if she didn't want to scare him, but she always did.

"No mommy, i was just annoyed at some stuff. So, i- i screamed to let out my anger."

"Honey," Sonia spoke quietly and softly as she placed a hand on his shoulder. She began to slowly rub her hand gently on his arm to let him know that she was there, but it was just a method she used.

She acted nice and gently, as if she was going to do anything but be hurtful. But, she would suddenly change.

As her hand began to slowly stop rubbing his arm gently, she quickly grabbed hold on his wrist. She got a tight grip onto it before looking back up to the son, who stood frozen.

"You shouldn't be that angry that you feel the need to shout, who made you angry.."

Eddie didn't want to go into detail, he didn't even want to talk to her right now. After the conversation with Richie, he just wanted to sit and think about what he done wrong. He wanted to think and wonder if they were on good terms, although he did specifically say that he didn't want to argue. But the kiss.. Eddie could've fucked Richie's relationship up.

"My- my friends," Eddie replied quietly and shyly. "I had an argument with one of them."

Her grip got tighter onto his wrist, he could feel her nails digging into his delicate skin. "Eddie bear, they're not your friends if they make you that angry." She let out a sigh but didn't release from gripping tightly on his wrist. "They didn't seem like your friends anyway," she added, her voice had changed into a slightly more inpatient and annoyed tone. But he tried to ignore the intimidation.

"Momma.."

"You're sick dear, you've been acting weird recently and i've clocked it. You're just sick."

She quickly pulled him out of his room without letting go of his wrist. She kept her hand tightly holding onto his wrist until they arrived in the bathroom. She let go of his wrist and closed the door behind her.

It pained Eddie, the marks. He could see the marks that were left on his wrist from how deep Sonia's nails were digging into his skin. But he just tried not to look at his wrist, it pained him looking at the marks.

"It's not normal for a young kid like you to be acting like this, so i got you these to help you." She opened the cabinet which was under the sink and pulled out a pack of pills, not ones that he normally has though.

"It is normal for a kid to be a little annoyed and upset momma."

"Not specifically dear," she began. "Do you trust me Eddie bear?"

"No i fucking don't trust you, not one bit," he thought to himself but never got the courage to say it whenever she asked that question. So Eddie just answered with a blunt "yes."

"Good, now take this glass of water and take a sip, after taking two of these pills," she demanded as she filled a glass up with water from the tap and handed it to the boy.

"No momma, i don't need the pills," he cried quietly. "It is normal-"

He was instantly cut off by his mother placing a finger over his mouth, to shush him. He did so after he saw the look on her face. The look on her face was a 'i'm not very pleased with you Eddie bear' look.

"Dear.. This pills help you. You need to take them, i don't want you to be damaged if not," she calmly spoke.

"It's damaging me by taking all the pills," he mumbled. Although, he didn't realise that his mother had heard him. Fuck.

He quickly looked up and saw her face which looked majorly disappointed and inpatient.

Which startled Eddie was the silence while she quickly grabbed hold of his jaw and literally forced his mouth open. She took two pills out of the pack herself and threw them in Eddie's mouth, then doing the same with a sip of water.

It made Eddie cough, but he swallowed it. Not like he couldn't, his mother literally forced the shit down his mouth. She quickly placed the pills back into the cabinet and emptied the glass of water down the sink, before opening the door to the bathroom.

"Take the pills, otherwise my only other option would be to do that every night dear," i she spoke harshly as she walked out the door. She didn't turn to face back to the boy, she just made her way to her bedroom.

It was then that she turned around to face Eddie, just before closing her bedroom door.

"I will know if you take them dear, don't think your mother is dumb," she quickly spoke with a smile, not a happy smile though...

A smile which looked threatening.

And with that, she closed the door to spend her time in her bedroom.

[present time]

Now Eddie was sat on his bed, in silence. Well actually, not complete silence.

The boy could hear his mother sing along to her music in her bedroom, her singing was dreadful. Her voice just wasn't right to Eddie, not just her singing voice. But her normal voice annoyed him. It made him cringe at her croaky and weirdly soft voice.

Eddie couldn't deal with his house at that moment in time, he needed to go somewhere.

He couldn't go to Bev's as her dad was possibly home, Eddie couldn't risk it. Not Bill's because his parents didn't allow friends to stay on a school night. Not Richie's because of his parents, and because of what just happened. Not Mike's because his farm was on the other side of the town. Not Ben's because he was probably asleep, he had a strict policy of getting to sleep earlier than 11.

So that left Eddie with one option left, Stan. His parents would allow Eddie to stay round the night, even though it was a school night. Also, Eddie could trust Stan. Surprisingly.

So he quietly walked downstairs to get to the home phone, then dialling Stan's number.

Eddie: "Hey Stan, can i stay round the night? I don't really wanna stay at my house at this moment of time."

Stan: "Yeah sure, what happened?"

Eddie: "I'll tell you when i get to yours, thank you so fucking much."

Stan: " No problem dude."

"Thank fuck for Stan," Eddie thought as he ran upstairs to grab his stuff.