Chpt 37~ignorance

Wednesday, Eddie ignored Richie. He didn't even smile or wave when they passed in the hallways.

Thursday, Eddie carried on ignoring Richie. He ignored him when Richie attempted to speak to him in class. He ignored his calls on the home phone.

It was now maths, Eddie had maths with Stan and Richie. Although, Eddie was sat on the front desk away from his friends. That was a good thing today though, although he did wonder what Richie and Stan were talking about at the back of the class..

"So Stan, have you noticed," Richie asked as he finished copying a method in his book. Stan continued to work but still spoke with Richie, just not giving him eye contact.

"Noticed what?"

"Eddie.. Hes been ignoring me, has he been ignoring you?"

Stan looked up look at Eddie but then looked brought his attention back to his maths book. "He hasn't been sitting with us at lunch, but hes been speaking to me in the halls and stuff," the jewish boy informed.

"He's been completely ignoring me Staniel."

"Maybe he finally couldn't stand your nicknames," Stan joked.

"Not funny dude, i'm being serious for once. He acts terrified and shakes up whenever i go to greet him.."

Stan finally gazed up from his book and looked up at Richie, he gave a sympathetic smile. "He uh- maybe needs to think about things."

"Think about what things?"

Stan knew exactly what things, since Eddie told him about the kiss. He wasn't sure if anything had happened since that night that Eddie told him about everything, but he might be right. He just couldn't tell Richie that he knew what happened, because finally.. He would find out about that night that Stan and Eddie shared their kiss.

"Has anything happened between you two recently that he might need to think about?"

Richie seemed startled by the question, he quickly turned his gaze down to look at his book and began to draw pointless things to distract himself. "Nothing really.."

Stan hid his smirk before continuing to write down the work. "I'll ask if he's still coming to the sleepover, i could tell him that you aren't going.. Maybe he'll come," offered the boy. Sure, he still felt attracted to Eddie. But he wanted to help his two friends.

After the maths class finished, Richie walked over to their lunch table while Stan walked up to Eddie in the hallway.

"Hey Eddie, i have a question," Stan greeted which startled the boy, he closed his locker and turned to look at Stan. "What is it Stan?"

"You coming to the sleepover tomorrow? We didn't have the sleepover last week and even though Richie isn't going to be there, we still wanna have it.." Stan was impressed with his lying skills. He smiled at himself but played it off by letting out a fake cough.

"Uhm, why isn't Richie going?"

"Uhh-" Stan began to panic, he didn't think that far ahead.. "He uh- hasn't been feeling well lately.. He's probably not going to be in school tomorrow.."

"Uhh yeah sure.. I'll be at Bill's by 6," Eddie happily spoke.

"Cool, see ya Eds."

Eddie just smiled and waved the jewish boy goodbye before walking away.

Stan was proud of himself, all he had to do was tell Richie to avoid Eddie seeing him at school.. And maybe skip if he has any lessons with him.

Shouldn't be too hard.

Seen as Richie skips anyways.