Chpt 59~common sense

Eddie decided to spend his night at his house watching a movie with his mother. He was immediately asked a bunch of questions when he got back, like "oh eddie-bear, did your friends do something" or "are you sick? anymore pills?" Eddie was sick of it, but he settled with watching a movie to get her off his case. To please her.

It definitely didn't please him.

However, at the sleepover with the losers, stuff went downhill since Eddie left in a hurry.

Stan got back from outside after a few minutes Eddie rushed away, Bev was still doing her nails with Courtney in the corner. Mike and Ben were now the only ones paying attention to the movie on the TV screen. Richie and Bill were laughing their asses off, Stan wondered what about.

"I could hear you laughing from outside," Stan scoffed as he took a seat next to Richie and Bill. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing," Richie bluntly replied and turned back to Bill, they both let out another small snort. Stan just furrowed his eyebrows and rolled his eyes, he turned to look at Bill. "Why is this sleepover so shit?"

"Because of t-ttt-the argument the other n-nuh-night," Bill shrugged.

"Oh and afternoon Eds ran out and had a hissy fit," Richie added with a grin.

From the room, Bev looked over to Richie and Bill and Stan. Her smile disappeared and turned into a small frown, eyebrows furrowing at Richie's last comment. "Wasn't really a hissy fit Richie, was it?"

Richie turned to look at her. "Now you're on his side? Okay, cool." She turned huffed and rolled her eyes, and went back to helping Courtney with her nails.

"You're acting like a dick, Richie," Stan remarked.

"Am not."

"Yes, you are."

"No, i'm not."

"Fuck you," Stan huffed as he grabbed Richie by the wrist (not too hard) and stood up. "Come with me."

"Why?"

"Just fucking come, you idiot." Richie gave him a look full with anger but still stood and followed Stan to the bathroom anyway. Stan locked the door behind them.

"Woah, Stan buddy. If you wanted to give a quicky then you should've just—"

"Why you being a dick?"

"What?"

"To Eddie," Stan added. "You never act like this with him, so why you doing it?"

Richie scoffed. "He's being a dick to me." Stan rolled his eyes and took a seat on the closed toilet, he made himself comfortable while Richie just sat on the rug. "What has he done then?"

"he doesn't even wanna be my friend, for fuck sake," Richie sighed.

"There's a fucking reason for that, dickhead."

"I know but—"

"Listen Richie, i know what i said made you think Eddie kissed you as well to relieve stress. It wasn't. I had a chat with him a while ago outside and you have no idea how much he's hurting—"

"What? And you do?"

"Yes because i spoke to him about it instead of trying to act like it didn't happen," Stan sassed back. "At least fucking talk to him you idiot."

"There's nothing to talk about to him." And this was when Stan couldn't deal with Richie's attitude. He was acting as if there was nothing going on, as if nothing happened between him and Eddie, as if he was the one using Eddie. Not the other way around.

"Alright now you're just acting as if you and Eddie never had that thing before. Whatever you had, it obviously didn't mean much to you, but it did for Eddie," Stan harshly spoke. "He was crying earlier about how you want to just be friends again and act like nothing happened, it fucking hurts him Rich. And you know what's even worse? Is that i can see you slowly pulling yourself away from him."

"Pulling myself away from him? What the fuck does that mean, he's the one who doesn't wanna be my friend anymore."

"Yeah because you both fucking had a thing, do you not get that?" Richie opened and closed his mouth multiple times in an attempt to speak back, but nothing came out. So he just closed his mouth and locked down, his fingers messing around with the material of his shorts. Stan sighed and carried on speaking, "Listen Richie, imagine this. You fall for a boy, you think he likes you back, you both make out with meaningful and soft kissed-" Stan cringed a bit. "And then they say they want to forget about the kisses and go back to being friends, to forget about the thing you both had, how would you feel?"

Richie thought for a moment. "Id feel hurt."

"Exactly."

"How do you know Eddie actually likes me though?"

"Oh my god," Stan groaned. "He fucking told me! And he was crying his eyes out and his voice sounded shaky while he told me. I mean fuck, have you met Eddie? He wouldn't lie about liking someone, he's a pure kid,"

Once again, Richie went back to being silent. He seemed to be thinking some more, but Stan couldn't be bothered to wait. Stan stood up from the toilet seat and sighed in defeat, he made his way closer to the door. "Richie, i'm gonna go to Eddie's and make sure he's okay, you can go back to not giving a shit."

"Who said i didn't give a shit?"

"Nobody, but nobody needed to. He walked back in the dark at late where he could've got kidnapped or some shit, he could be in fucking danger. I've texted and called him but no answer, so i'm leaving to see if he's okay. You can go back to have a giggle with Bill," Stan spoke harshly as he unlocked the door and began to open. But he stopped as he saw Richie stand up quickly from the floor and grabbed him by the shoulder.

There were tears in Richie's eyes, his lips slightly shaking.

"I like him Stan," he quietly admitted. ".I like him so fucking much."

"Well it's not me who you should be telling," he shrugged.

Richie gulped loudly. "Can i— well, could i go with you?"

"Yeah, of course."