Chpt 25~backstabber

There he was, sitting in a toilet stall trying to control his breathing. He quickly grabbed his inhaler from his fanny pack and pressed it between his chapped lips, he pressed the trigger gently.

Just breathe. In and out, in and out, in and out.

Eddie had somehow calmed down a little, still holding his inhaler tightly in his fist in case he needed it. He sat calmly on the toilet seat, in silence.

But the silence suddenly stopped as Eddie heard the door get pushed aggressively open.

He had no idea who it was but he didn't dare to say anything or walk out of the stall. He just stayed put in silence until he finally heard one of them speak.

"You kissed that girly boy," said the boy. The boy.. Who was Connor fucking Bowers. Eddie began to panic slightly as he realised the situation. He kissed Richie, who was Connor's boyfriend..

"He kissed me," the other boy spoke in defence. It was Richie, obviously. "I didn't kiss back!"

"Why did he kiss you then? Because i'm sure he wouldn't of kissed you if you wasn't showing any interest in him in the first place," Connor harshly spoke back.

"I don't know why he kissed me, he just did."

"Does that wierdo like you then?"

"He has a name."

"Eddie then. Does Eddie like you?"

Eddie couldn't believe it, it was about him. And Richie was quick to tell Connor, well obviously because they're dating. But still.

"As soon as i realise that the kiss meant something to me. As soon as i realised that Richie meant something to me, i find out that he didn't feel the same," Eddie thought to himself. He still kept quiet in the stall, scared of what would happen if the two boys realise that he was listening to their conversation.

"Hopefully not, but i'm not sure what he feels for me. But does it matter Con, i like you," Richie reassured.

"If that's true, then tell girly boy to leave you alone. He's obviously trying to steal you from me, i don't like it. I don't like him, no one does in that matter," Connor spat out.

Eddie felt his eyes fill with tears after hearing those harsh words come out of Connor's mouth.

No one likes you Eddie.. Not even Richie..

Eddie was hoping that Richie would say something to defend Eddie; to defend his best friend since like.. Years ago. He just hoped that Richie would defend the boy who was there to fight pennywise, the boy who was always helping him whenever something bad happened, the boy who comforted him when Connor outed Richie in the arcade which led to him being beaten by Henry.

"I will Con, don't worry."

Eddie let his emotions go after hearing those words, he let the tears run down his cheeks. He let out silence sniffles, making sure that Connor or Richie could hear him.

"Good boy," Connor spoke. Eddie heard the two of them kiss for a few seconds until the noice stopped and he heard footprints walking towards the door to leave the bathroom. "I'll go now, you leave soon. To make sure that the teacher doesn't suspect that we went together," Connor instructed, Richie just replied with a quiet "mhm."

The door swung open and then closed, he heard a slight noice hit the wall. It was Richie.

"Fuck," Richie whispered to himself.

Eddie stayed quiet, still haven't tears repeatedly run down his cheeks and drop onto his jeans. He felt like he was safe, until he let out a loud sniffle. One that Richie obviously heard as he heard footprints walk towards the door of Eddie's stall.

"Who's here?"

Eddie stayed quiet.

"I said, who's here," Richie repeated.

Eddie still stayed silent.

"Who the fuck is here. Answer before i literally go underneath the door to enter your stall."

Eddie didn't speak, he only quickly got up and unlocked the door. He let Richie open it, which was quiet aggressive.

Eddie stood awkwardly, watching as Richie's eyes widened at the sight of the small boy.

"Fuck. Eddie did you hear-"

"Yes," Eddie cut in bluntly.

"Shit Eds, i didn't mean anything i said just then, it's just-"

"My name is Eddie you asshat," Eddie snapped at the boy, finally looking up to meet his eyes.

"Eddie then. I didn't mean any of that, it's just Connor would've broken up with me if i didn't say anything of that. Anything i said was bullshit."

"What happened to pretending it didn't happen?"

"Huh," Richie questioned in confusion.

"The kiss last night. We said that we should pretend it didn't happen but then you just go and fucking tell Connor the next day!"

"Well i can't just pretend it didn't happen, i don't know why we agreed with doing that," Richie defended.

"Why not?"

"You said that you lie about things when i said about the kiss not meaning anything. Obviously i can't pretend it didn't happen when you say that!"

"Well try," Eddie demanded as he attempted to get out of the stall, only to be stopped by Richie standing in the way. "And while your at it, try to leave me alone."

"Why would i do that?"

"Because you obviously want me to leave you alone, that's what you just admitted to Con." Eddie mocked the nickname. "You and him seem to bumlick each other quite a lot, so just carry on doing what your doing."

"We don't bumlick each other," Richie spoke in defence. "And also, i don't want you to leave me alone, i was just saying that to please him Eds. We're best friends."

"Well i want the opposite, i want you to leave me alone," Eddie snapped as he quickly shoved Richie into the wall, which enabled him to walk out of the stall.

Richie was startled by Eddie's sudden actions, he quickly followed him to the door as Eddie was about to leave the bathroom. But not before he quickly spoke once more.

"And just so you know, ex bestfriends," he corrected. "We remain that way while your with your rapist boyfriend."

And with that, Eddie rushed out the bathroom. Not looking behind at Richie who was clearly about to break down.