Chpt 53~stress

Eddie woke up to the sun beaming through his window, his eyes struggling to remain open for a certain amount of time.

The small boy finally adjusted to the light, he slightly leaned his head up to see Richie's arm still gently tangled with his own.

"Chee?"

Eddie slightly shook the boy's shoulder. He only received a grumble from the boy and a slight bit of movement, Richie still had his eyes shut though.

"Rich? We're meeting the others today, you need to get up," Eddie whispered again, this time Richie opened his eyes. A smile appeared on his face as soon as he took sight of the gorgeous boy in front of him. Eddie's bed hair was just too cute for Richie to handle, it gave him butterflies in his stomach.

"G'morning Eds," he mumbled as he slightly moved his body upright, he moved his hand from Eddie's side to rub his eyes and brush it through his messy curls.

"Morning," Eddie smiled back. "We need to get ready to meet the others." Eddie began to scramble himself up out of bed until a hand held onto his shoulder to stop him from moving any further.

"5 more minutes? You're really warm Eds."

Eddie giggled as he took hold of Richie's hand and fell back onto the bed, his head slightly resting on Richie's shoulder. Eddie could feel Richie's warm arms wrap around his body keeping him safe, Eddie felt safe as well. He felt safe while in Richie's arms.

"Eds," Richie suddenly spoke softly.

"Mhm?"

There was a couple seconds of silence while Eddie waited for a response. "Yes Rich?"

"You know Connor?"

Eddie felt his stomach drop as he heard the name, he had so much hatred for him. Especially that day in the junkyard. Shit. The junkyard.. What Connor said!!

"Fuck," Eddie suddenly blurted. He brought his eyes up to meet Richie's gaze, the lanky boy's eyes were already drawn down on him though. "Did he do something? I forgot about the junkyard, fuck i-"

"Relax Eds, i'm fine. He hasn't done anything," Richie quickly spoke.

"O-okay.." Eddie was hesitant to ask, he didn't wanna talk about Connor. He just wanted to relax for the 5 minutes of cuddling with Richie. "Why did you bring him up then?"

"He didn't exactly do anything, but he did come up to me at school."

"What the fuck? Did he say anything?" Richie nodded. Eddie gulped down before he continued to question the boy. "What did he say?"

"He told me he was sorry," Richie whispered. "He told me he didn't mean any of the shit he did.."

Eddie eyes widened at this, he pulled away from the hug and sat up. "You don't believe him, do you?"

"Well uh," Richie scratched the back of his neck nervously, he didn't wanna upset Eddie. "I don't believe him Eds.. But, he did seem like he meant it.."

"He fucking threatened me Rich, threatened me about sexually assaulting you! For the second time!" Eddie made sure he didn't raise his voice too high, he wasn't sure if Sonia had woken up yet and he didn't want to find out.

"I know Eds," Richie replied while rubbing gently on Eddie's shoulder. "I don't believe him, probably one of his tricks or something.."

Eddie nodded slightly before finally lifting himself up off the bed and heading towards the closet. "What did you say to him?" Eddie didn't turn to face Richie while asking the question, he had his attention on the clothes that he was picking out to wear today.

"I told him that sorry wasn't enough, and then i walked away before he could object," he replied as he also lifted himself off of the bed.

"Okay.."

Eddie carried on looking through all his clothes, looking for an outfit to wear. For a while, Richie just sat down on the floor next to Eddie's desk. But then he stood up and made his way to Eddie, peaking through the boy's closet. "Eds?"

"Don't call me that dickwad," Eddie replied. Richie just let out a chuckle, obviously amused at the boy's response. 

"Can we head to mine before meeting the others? I need to chuck on a new outfit and your clothes obviously won't fit me," he laughed.

"That'd fine with me," Eddie replied while rolling his eyes, a playful grin appearing on his face in the process.