Chpt 43~movie night [part 2]

The two boys were sat in their seats in the movie theatre, they were both patiently waiting for the movie to begin.

"So Eds, you've got a thing for the famous trashmouth huh," Richie joked. Eddie slightly nudged Richie's shoulder.

"You're a dick," Eddie mumbled.

"You like dicks tho," Richie smirked with a wink.

"Oh yeah? How would you know," Eddie shot back at him. Richie slowly leaned in and stared Eddie up and down. This made the poor boy nervous, Richie was getting so close to him. He could feel sweat slowly running down his forehead.

"What's getting you so sweaty Eds," Richie whispered in his ear.

"It's...Hot." Eddie then wiped his face with his jumper sleeve and slightly pushed Richie away from him. "The movies starting."

~~~

The movie had been on for about 30 minutes, it was silent. The movie seemed pretty alright, but Eddie couldn't concentrate. His eyes kept leading to Richie's hand which was laying on the arm rester.

Just do it, Eddie repeated to himself. Now or never..

Slowly, Eddie moved his hand so his pinky was slightly resting on Richie's. It was going good until he saw Richie quickly whip his head to look at Eddie. "Whatcha doing Eds?"

"Uh- nothing." Eddie began to move his hand away but suddenly got pulled back. Richie grabbed hold of Eddie's hand and he intertwined his fingers with Eddie's. "There," Richie said with a smile. He rested their hands on the arm rester and kept their fingers intertwined as they carried on watching the movie.

~~

The movie was finished, Eddie felt happy to finally be released from the hot room but he didn't wanna untangle their fingers. They were holding hands the whole time. It was comfortable, Eddie guessed that Richie just found it comfortable and that was probably why he kept his hand like that.

Eddie was just happy that Richie couldn't see his bright, red cheeks from in the dark movie room.

"So, did you like the movie?" Questioned Richie as he got up from his seat and suddenly removed his hand from Eddie's. A frown appeared on Eddie's face but instantly shook it away and forced a smile. "It was interesting, i liked it."

Richie smirked. "You liked the movie or the holding hands?"

"Uh- both?" Richie let out a chuckle as he picked up his hoodie and the bottle of drink which still had some left.

"Yeah, same," Richie mumbled. Although, Eddie couldn't hear a fucking word.

The two boys made their way out of the building quickly, Eddie was so relieved that he could feel the fresh breeze hit his skin. "Thank fuck, it was hot in there."

"It's because of me," Richie added.

"Shut the fuck up Rich," Eddie laughed as he rolled his eyes and continued to enjoy the breeze. "Sooo, Rich?"

"Mhm."

"Maybe i could sleep round yours tonight? Or vice versa." Eddie offered. He wasn't gonna lie to himself, he expected a yes from Richie but he received an unexpected answer.

"You know i want to Eds, but i can't.. I told my mum that i'll be back before my dad gets home later on."

Eddie did feel upset that he couldn't spend the night with Richie, he really wanted to hold his hand more. But, he knew what his home life was like. "Oh.. Yeah that's cool, i totally understand," Eddie politely replied.

"Sorry Eds.."

"Don't apologise, it's not your fault." Richie shot Eddie a 'thank you' smile before placing a lit cigarette between his chapped lips. "We should get going Eds," Richie spoke up. "I'll walk you home."

"Yeah.. Thanks Rich."

"No problem, i wanted to see how your mum was doing after last night anyways-"

"Let's just go dumbass," Eddie cut in, he received a smirk from the taller boy but ignored it.