CHAPTER ONE

NANDINI'S POV

Beep. Beep.Beep

This is the most dreadful sound for every teenager living since centuries. Well, not for me. Unlike all the teenagers I like to wake up early. I am sort of, as they call, "a morning person". I have always been an early riser. According to me, I am the most productive during the morning. I know not most of people will relate to me but that's what it is.

My grams has always told me to wake up early. I live with her since my patents died in a fatal car accident. I am also able to wake up early because I am barely able to sleep at night. I have recurring nightmares about that car accident because I practically saw them dying in front of me.

Since the accident, I hate driving cars. I mean i can sit in the passenger seat but can't get myself to sit in the driving seat and drive myself. Also people drinking alcohol. I loathe them. How can someone be so damn irresponsible? People know that drinking and driving is injurious for them and even for others then how can someone risk their life and others? Who gave them the right to takeaway my parents from me?

Even the driver died. He didn't even think that he has someone waiting for him at home. Risking his life for nothing but mere pleasure. Since that day my granny, whom I call Amms, has taken care of me like her own daughter. She is the only one who accepted me after the accident. At that time I knew that even close relatives are only helpful when it's for their own benefit. No one was ready to take care and raise a kid who had just lost her parents. They even had money for it but didn't bother to even look at me or talk to me after a few calls of condolence.

But my Amms took care of me even if she didn't have enough money. That's why she is the only one I trust in this cruel world. Even the family is not trustworthy then what can I expect from the rest of the world?

Okay so let's leave all my issues behind and come back to the present day. Today I have woken up extra early because I am moving to Mumbai for my college. I live in Manglore with my Amms in a small but a cosy and homely home. Sometimes in huge mansions also people don't find peace and comfort. But even though this house is small , it has always been my 'safe haven'. So I woke up from my bed after checking my phone, even though there wasn't much in it. I went to the bathroom, did my morning routine and came out after a soothing shower.

I am not much of a make-up person and don't even wear too reveling clothes. Sure I do wear shorts but they are not too short shorts. They are normal. So for today I decided to wear a basic black graphic tee with light high waisted skinny jeans. And a light touch of make-up to cover my baggy eyes due to lack of sleep. Then I went down and greeted Amms as. Like every Indian religious family, Amms also did pooja(religious offering to god). I did it too cause unlike most others I do believe in god.

"Good morning, baby" She greeted after the pooja.

"A very good morning to you too,Amms." I said with a million dollar smile.

"Oh I can definitely see the excitement today. I hope you are all ready, baby? And did I tell you I am very proud of you?" she said

 "Yes and yes. You have told me that a lot of times now and I appreciate it."

"Well that's because you need to know that you are awesome. And because you don't even give yourself credit. You always think that you are doing less and pressurize yourself, baby. So you have to promise me one thing that you will have fun in Mumbai no matter what. You will make new friends and live your life to the fullest. Can you do that for me?" She said with slightest tears in her eyes.

She has always been worried for me. I don't make a lot of friends and I am definitely not a person who socializes with many people. On Saturdays and Sundays you will find me in a room reading a book or watching something on TV.

"Okay I will do it but I am happy with my life like this also. I have you and my books. I don't need anyone else. You are my best friend and lifeline." I said with a smile.

"I know how happy you are here. You barely sleep at night. You think that if you will not tell me then I won't know? I know you since you were small. Don't try to fool me, Nandini. I have told you million times to visit a therapist but you never listen to me." She said getting a bit angry.

"And I have also told you a million times that I don't want a therapist. Why to waste money on something like that? And I am not a mental person who needs a therapist to certify it! I am perfectly fine. I don't want to talk about it now, Amms"

"Okay, baby." She said, sadly.

"Now let's eat breakfast before I have to leave. I am hungry. I hope you have made my favorite breakfast today?" I questioned

"Yes ma'am, I have made waffles." She said while bowing down at me.

Yeah, even if she is so old she knows how to make all the fancy things. Initially we didn't have a lot of money so we weren't able to go out a lot so she used to make all the things at home. But now even though we have money, I like it when she makes all those things at home.

I ate everything she made and then it was the time to say goodbye. The hardest part of anything. We both are a sobbing mess. The uber driver is looking at us with a bored expression. But I overlook it because he probably hasn't experienced saying goodbye to loved ones.

" Bye, Amms. Take care of you and eat everyday , call everyday and don't you dare skip any medicines. If you don't feel well call me at anytime and I will come here. Don't hesitate. I love you." I said with tears in my eyes.

"Yes, baby I will take care of myself. And you also have to take care of yourself. Remember what you promised me about enjoying your time there. Don't worry about me, I can take care of myself." She said.

"And last but not the least, NO ALCOHOL, NO CLUBS AND most important NO BOYS. I mean boys are fine but they should be decent not wild animals. I don't want to be a great granny too soon." She said laughing at the end.

"Okay okay, no alcohol, no boys and no clubs. Idon't  even want any boys. I am going there to study and make a career and make you proud." I said and hugged her. Then I bid her adieu, sat in the cab and started the unforgettable and exceptional trip of my life.

Little did I know that what I told Amms about boys was going to be completely wrong. That i was going to meet someone who was going to change my life completely.  

----xx----

I hope you all liked my story. 

I know the chapter is short but the upcoming chapters will be long. Also who all relate to Nandini? I do. Because somewhere down the line she is right that now blood relatives also talk and help when its their benefit.

Do share your views about it. I would love to hear them.

And do you like this Nandini?

Please vote and comment!

Spread Love, Always!!

Love,
Maitri!