eleven minutes [AU]

[ time travel au]
if you go to Amsterdam square every 11th day of the month at exactly 11:11, close your eyes and count 11 seconds and you can time travel 111 years into the past. But, you can only stay no longer than 11 minutes, or else you'll fade in to ashes.

May 11, 2020; 11:11 AM
Amsterdam Square

"9..10..11!" You counted silently in your mind, as you covering your eyes, waiting for the past to unravel right before it.

May 11, 1901; 11:11 AM
Amsterdam Square

it was beautiful. stylish, lavish-looking people walking around town, horses carrying baggies, and glorious old structures- just how you imagined it.

"wow." you said, soft enough only for you to hear. you decided to walk around town to get a better look at the place.

"excuse me." you heard a voice from behind you. you looked and saw a beautiful boy, about your age. he had defined cheekbones, wild curls, and a tall figure. He wore a coat, and striped trousers, and to top his outfit- a black beret. If there was a level beyond perfect- it his him.

"y-yes?" you shyly asked. "are you a time traveller?" he asked. "what?" your eyes grew wide. "you... you're from the future, aren't you? your clothes are....quite odd." He said. "Oh..uh." You looked at your clothing, straightening it. "No, no no no...I think it's beautiful. You look breathtaking." He complimented. "Oh, uh...thank you." You said, making him chuckle. "You look nice too." You said.

"May I buy you a drink at the brewery?" He offered. You looked at your watch, remembering that you don't have much time. "Of course. You have 10 minutes." You said. "Fantastic." He said, offering his hand to you.

°~°~°~°~°~°

"so...you believe it?? time traveling??" you asked him, taking a sip from your coffee. damn 1900s coffe are way better than the ones today.

"I suppose, yes. It's been a talk among the scientists." He replied. "Oh, where are my manners? My name is Finn Wolfhard. My family owns the winery accross town. It's the finest in the state. You should be my guest sometimes." He said. "I-i'd love that." You smiled.

8 minutes.

"Tell me about yourself." He said. "Okay, yes, I'm from the future. Precisely 111 years from now." You said, making Finn dazed. "But I have to explain really fast, I'm running out of time. I should've told you earier." You said. "Okay. I'm from around Amsterdam Square too. Every 11th day of the month at 11:11 am, you can go to Amsterdam Square and count to 11, and then travel 111 years back in time. But you only have 11 minutes, or else I'll be gone in that world." You explained.

"Are you for real?" Finn asked. "Yeah." You said. "Oh, sorry. My name's Y/n." You smiled. "and it's a pleasure to meet you." He said, taking your hand, kissing it. "Are you seriously from the year 2020?" He asked. "Yeah." "What is it like in there?" He curiously asked.

Ah, not much. Just a virus that put the whole world on lockdown for months.

"Don't even get me started. It's a crazy decade. But it's...great." You said. "You see this?" You said, taking out your phone. "What is that fascinating monstrosity before me?!" He exclaimed, holding it. "That's a smartphone. The dude who invented it probably isn't born yet. and you can do a lot of shit it it. look." You tried switching it on, but it cannot. damnit, of course it can't. you're in the past. "Fuck. Now it's just a useless brick." You said. But the boy seemed to be very fascinated by the 'useless brick'