How To Get Away With Murder

WARNING: death, corpse

aged up (early 20s)

°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

I carefully walked accross the hall of the huge mansion, wandering around to look for the Fairchild siblings

"Miles? Flora! Where are you guys?!" I yelled. Last night, Miles had a huge freak out about Quint. I haven't talked to him since.

Usually, Kate and Flora would be around studying or playing. But it is so quiet and empty today.

I was convinced that Kate had just took Flora out somewhere so I decided to head up to Miles' room.

As I walked to the stairway, I saw Ms Grose on the floor, laying dead. I let out a loud scream, sprinting up the wooden stairs. I caught my breath as I reached the top, my heart pounding out of my chest.

What the fuck was that?! What happened? Where is everyone??

"Y/n!" I heard someone whisper/yelled behind me. "Kate?" I looked back and she immediately signaled me to come to her. I looked around before quietly sprinting to her.
She was hiding in a storage room with Flora. "Where is Miles?" I asked. "I don't know Y/n, we're hiding from him he is acting so crazy!" Kate panicked. "What do you mean??" I asked. "He...He...Ms Grose...He did–" Kate couldn't even finish her sentence, she is so traumatized and I could feel the fear in her voice.

I immediately knew what was going on.

"Quint." I sighed. "Wha- what? What's the deal with that man?! He's dead!" Kate spoke. "Exactly! and he's possesing Miles. They had connection when he was still alive." I explained.

"What?!" Kate sounded so confused. "Ugh! Just...leave! Get Flora out of here and I'll deal with Miles." I said. "Go!" I signaled them. Kate wrapped a blabket around Flora before I escorted them out to the fire escape stairs.

I made sure they were out, before going back in to the house to look for Miles. Oh, poor Miles. Why did Quint had to victimize him?

"Miles??? It's me..." I spoke, in hopes of getting to see him. A door slammed from a distance, making me flinch. "Miles it's going to be alright.... It'll be over soon." I said.

All the lights suddenly went out, and I immediately dashed outside the house. I can just head for the gate, leave everything and go with Kate and Flora. But I can't leave Miles here. He needs me. especially now more than ever.

I can't leave him with Quint.

My thoughts immediately went to the pond. He might be there. I rushed to the spot, ignoring all the fog and twigs on the way. "Miles!" I yelled his name over and over, letting him know that I was here. I can't let him listen to Quint.

My tracks immediately stopped when I saw Miles standing at the pond, staring into space. "thank god Miles!" I breathed out, rushing over to him.

He was trembling and sobbing when I reached to him, looking in to the mossy pond. He is so scared. "Miles! I'm here now, it's over... it's over..." I softly spoke, giving him a comforting embrace.

"I....I didn't do it." He cried out. "What?" I asked. "It's not me, I promise please believe me." He said. "What do you mean?" I asked. He kept on crying and I finally followed at where he was looking.