To Finn

I hate writing these stories because I get emotional but it seems that y'all like sad ones so...

°~°~°~°~°

"I can't believe it. He's finally here. Look at him, he's so handsome!" Finn says, sitting beside me on the hospital bed.

"You're gonna steal all hearts one day, yes you do." Finn said in a playful voice, lightly pinching the baby's soft, delicate skin.

I laughed at his silliness, before handing him baby Eli. "I'm so tired babe. Go talk him to sleep." I said before slowly fluttering my eyes shut, really exhausted from the labor.

"Mommy's tired..." I heard him. "You know, mommy and daddy loves you so much.... We're very happy to see you." Finn said. The sound of hospital equipment lingered the air for a moment before Finn spoke up.

"she's beautiful too, isn't she??" Finn asks. My eyes continue to close shut as I pretend to fall asleep listening to their cute conversation. "She's so beautiful when she sleeps, yet so unaware of it." Finn says. Okay that's super fucking sweet.

"I love you two sooooo much...." Finn says before letting out a sigh, "You know, I don't wanna be that dad who talks about what he wants his son to be, I'm totally cool with whatever you wanna do, ok??" Finn says.

"But I wanna tell you something....I wanna tell you how I met your mother." I smiled at his sentence, and finally sowly drifted to sleep, knowing that this is going to be a long talk.

°~°~°~°~°~°

If only this wasn't a memory buried by tears and pain. It has been so long, yet I stil ain't used to not having him around. I forgot how his lips felt on mine, and I would never be able to see his beautiful smile, and hear his stupid jokes ever again.

The day he died was when my whole world fell apart. But I couldn't let it all crash down, I have to stay strong for the only one left with me– our boy, Eli.

He's seventeen years old now, and he's such an amazing boy just like his father. Polite, caring, respectful, talented, and loved by so many. It just breaks my heart that Finn isn't around to see him

I immediately got up from the bed when I heard that I was being called. "Momma! Come here please?"

I wiped my tears away as I walked over to Eli's room. "Yes, baba?" I called him by the nickname Finn had used to call him.

"Look what I found." He says, turning to me. I looked up to see him in a stunning outfit. Finn's outfit. "Dad's clothes are so cool!" He excitedly spoke, rolling up the sleeves of the flannel.

"Yes, they are." I smiled, walking over to him and fixed the crumpled collar. "I found these really cool rings too." Eli said, showing off the rings on his fingers.

when a memory came back rushing...

"Wow you're right." Finn said, showing off the rings I had given him. "Man, I do need to accessorize!" He says.

"They're beautiful, thanks love." Finn sloke before leaving a kiss on the top of my head. "Of course."

"Mom?? are you ok?" Eli asks. I shook my head, facing him again. "Yeah, uhm... It's just that...you look just like him." I said, tears finally spilling out of my eyes. "Awwwe, mom!" Eli said before pulling me in to a hug.

"Really?" He asks. "Yeah..." I said before pulling away. "Why dont you....put this on." I suggested as I grabbed on one of Finn's old beanies before putting it on Eli's head and fluffing his curls.

"There. Finn Jr." I joked. Eli turned to the mirror and looked in awe. We stood, admiring our reflection for a moment before Eli's smile faded away. "I miss dad." He frowned. "Y-you still love him right?" He asked. "Of course baba, I will always love him." I said.

We rarely talk about his death, but when we do, Eli gets emotional. and I know what's about to go down. "Why did he leave, momma?" He asked. "I don't know baba, I don't know." I cried as we stood there for a moment, Eli crying on to my shoulder.

"But I do know one thing..." I said. "What is it??" Eli asks. "Your dad is very proud of you." I said. "How can you say so?" "Your dad only wanted one thing– and that is for you to be a good person. and, you've grown to be one! You never gave me problems and your friends love you so much. Keep being good, daddy will be so happy." I said.

"You really think so??" He asks. "Yes." I smiled, hugging him. "Thank you momma." Eli smiled. "Oh no, I almost forgot, come downstairs I have a gift for you." Eli said.

"Oh my god what is it now?!" I joked as we walked down. When we reached downstairs, I was lead to the kitchen and saw a nice dinner set up.

"Happy Birthday, Ma!!" Eli says and sits me down on the counter. "Oh god you made these?" I asked. Eli scratched his head before answering. "Uhh, yeah. I saw one of daddy's videos and like I knew I had to make this because he said it's like your favorite food!" Eli said. God, he sounds just like him too.

"oh god." I smiled, looking at the dish in front of me. "I have serious trust issues on you and your dad's cooking, this better be good!" I joked before digging in to the plate and taking a bite.

Wow, that's good. I chewed as Eli watched, waiting for my reaction. "So...?" "Wow, this is actually good." I said. "You sure you made this, baba?" I asked. "Yes mum! look at this shit!" He says, pointing at the dirty sink full of dishess he used from cooking. "Oh, damn okay then." I said, continued eating.

"aaaaand, I got some of dad's old records!" Eli spoke before popping on some Ramones on the record player. Who knew so much memories and feelings could come rushing in a second??

"Baba, come here." I said, patting on the seat next to me. He obeyed, walking over to me. I took out the champagne from the cabinet and two fancy glasses.

"Let's toast your dad come on." I said, pouring us the alcohol. "Uhh, are you sure mom?? You do know I'm not yet eightee– oh just shut up, your dad would want to do this too." I joked.

"Okay." I sighed before we held our glasses. "Finn, thank you so much for having this wonderful boy with me. He's an angel. I said to myself, I couldn't do this without you....You know what? I can't. I can't do this alone. But I realized, I never truly was alone. because I knew you are looking over at us." I said.

"I fucking miss you. I really wish you're here. I'm getting old, man! We should be doing this together." I joked. "I love you forever, Finn. Thanks for everything." I spoke.

"Do you wanna say anything?" I asked. "Uhh, okay." Eli spoke. "Dad, I was really looking forward for you to teach me how to drive but mom said you sucked at that, so..." Eli spoke, making me laugh. He really takes after his father. "I miss you dad. Please never leave our side. I love you." Eli spoke.

"To Finn." I smiled. "To dad." Eli said, before we toasted our glasses together...