You're Late

“ You're kinda late!”

°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

TODAY IS YOUR PROM DAY. you go to the same school as the one and only Finn Wolfhard, and you're one of the few close friends he's made in there.

you have been talking a lot recently, and one night he face timed you.

he was currently at Iceland, filming this horror movie called The Turning.

you told him about the prom, and he promised he'd come home and attend. you two didn't exactly plan to be each other's dates but you planned on going together, along with your other friends.

A few hours ago, Finn texted and said that his plane is just about to take off. he should be arriving any hour now.

"you heard from Finno yet?" Daniel asked as he danced to the music. "Nah, maybe still on the plane." You replied.

"He'll be here before you know it." He said. "Let's dance!" He pulled you in, making you smile. You spent the rest of the couple hours, dancing and drinking sugar-riched punches that are probably mixed with alcohol by some kid.

It was now the slow dance part. Everyone's in the dance floor, gracefully swaying left to right. While you were seated on the bleachers, with a drink on hand and still waiting for Finn

"Okay okay are you ready to find out who's the Prom King and Queen?!???" One student yelled at the mic, making everyone cheer.

"our prom queen is....Hannah Ellis!" The announcer said, making everyone clap.

"and the prom king is ... Finn Wolfhard!" The room was filled with applauds, until one kid yelled, "he's not even here!" making everyone laugh.

"Uhmm, alright! Well let's just call the one who came in second– Ken Jeffords!" The announcer said, making everyone cheer.

You all ended the night with a rave and some bubbles machine at the middle of the dance floor. You joined in, trying to get your mind off Finn.

Eventually, everyone started leaving one by one. But you insisted to stay.

"Hey, uh....Sammy? Please don't take any decorations down yet! I promise I'll take everything down and clean the whole place up. I'll close up the gym." You said, talking to the club president who decorated the whole place.

"Hmmmm you still waiting for him huh?" She teased. "....yeah." You admitted. "Here." She said, handing you the key to the gym. "He'll be here. you two have fun. also, I know you can't clean this whole place up. just call me up and I'll help." She said, making you laugh. "Yeah right." "okay bye."

°~°~°~°~°~°~°

you are literally just sitting in silence, with a beer in hand as you waited for Finn.

About ten minutes later, you decided to start cleaning up and head home. Why were you even waiting for him? You thought.

You started stacking up the red cups, when you heard the gym door swing open.

You turned around to see Finn, looking good in his attire. It was obvious that he was in a rush but damn he still looks fine. You sent him a smirk, walking over to him.