The Ghost of You

°~°~°~°~°~°

Dried leaves underneath my boots crunched as I walked up to the park, it is where I like to hang out.

These last few days, I've been seeing the same boy seated on the swings, all alone.

I've never seen him before so I don't really know anything about him, maybe he's new in town??

Today, I've finally decided to walk up and talk to him. But as I walked closer...I realised, he was crying?

narrator's pov

Miles sat again on the swings, letting himself drown in his thoughts.

It's been tough for him for the last few days, he needed to get out of the house and let himself have a break.

Quint had died yesterday and he wasn't taking it so well. They were close, and he was the only friend he'd ever had.

He broke away from his thoughts when a figure stood before him. He looked up and saw a beautiful girl.

"Hey there... is everything fine?" The girl asks. Usually, Miles would tell people to fuck off. But she made him feel something...

Miles stared at the ground for a while before shaking his head no. Y/n sat on the swing next to his.

"I'm sorry about that..." Y/n spoke. They stayed silent there for a while until Y/n spoke up, "I'm sorry, you might want to be alone right now, uh... I'll go." She said.

"Wait." Miles grabbed her hand, "I-it's fine, please stay." He says. "It's just...a very special person passed." Miles says.

Miles told her everything, and they eventually walked to the treehouse as they talked. Miles told about how Quint worked for them and how he was like a father to him, and how much it hurt hearing that he was dead.

Y/n comforted the poor boy, and it worked. Miles gave her a tight hug and insisted on meeting again before they went their separate ways home.

3 months later

your pov

Miles and I have been hanging out for months already, and I've already noticed how much he's improved.

I climbed up the tree house and saw he was there already. "Hi." He smiles as he help me up.

"Hey." I spoke, looking around. This place is stunning. "You like it?" Miles asks. "Yeah! this place looks good Miles." I smiled.

"Here." He says, putting a flower crown on my head. "You're so sweet! What's the occasion??" I ask, curious about what was going on.

"Nothing...I just wanted to do something nice, you've helped me a lot." He says. "Awwe, Milo." I smiled, giving him a hug.

"Zeppelin?" He asks, taking out a record and popping it on to the player. "This is so perfect." I said as I drank some cola.

"Thanks. I'm glad you liked it though." He says. "I really wish I brought food, man I'm hungry." I complain.

"As you wish." Miles says, taking out a box of Pizza. "Okay, you're literally the best." I spoke before hiving him a kiss on the cheek.