10; custody

[13th February XX]

"Sana's in jail?!" Tzuyu asked, surprised. "What? When? How?"

"Since this morning. And it's not really ~ jail ~ but she's just in custody for now." Chaeyoung held her head.

"And it was our chat from last night that was the proof for Sana being the adultnapper."

"Kid-" Chaeyoung butted in.

"Adultnapper." Nayeon glared at her. "So we don't know how it got there."

"No one recorded it. My phone was in my hand, and you saw that it had no recording button." Chaeyoung sighed.

"True. So someone must have placed a wire into Nayeon's car." Tzuyu tutted. "What if they're aiming for people one by one? People who know Sana?

"Like, first it was Chaeyoung. All the text messages. Then it was Mina, who is adultnapped. Now they've framed Sana. Who's next?" Tzuyu wondered. "Wait a minute." Tzuyu looked up.

Chaeyoung nodded. "What?"

"You said the 'murder' of Mina, right? But as far as we know, she's alive."

Chaeyoung nodded again.

"And how exactly did you know they were going to frame Sana?" Tzuyu asked.

Chaeyoung opened her phone and showed her messages. "We got this at midnight."

UNKNOWN NUMBER
your girlfriend is still here with me.

(Just imagine it's Mina, yeah ㅠㅠ)She's a bit much to handle, but it's alright

She's a bit much to handle, but it's alright. Once we get what we want, she'll be free.
Maybe.
Anyways, don't expect your friend Sana to be free anytime soon.
She'll be locked up.
Just wait.

"So they told you. That she was going to be locked up, and you didn't do anything about it?" Tzuyu stood up. "YOU HAD 8 WHOLE HOURS, AND YOU DIDN'T TRY TO DO ANYTHING?!"

"W-well, they were threatening us-"

"THEY NEVER THREATENED YOU!" Tzuyu screamed. "THEY JUST SAID THEY HAD MINA AND THAT SANA WOULD BE LOCKED UP. THEY NEVER THREATENED YOU!"

Chaeyoung nervously chuckled. "Ehe. Yeah, now I see it, you're right. And sit down, screaming isn't good for your health."

Tzuyu sat down angrily. "I don't care about my health at the moment. Mina is missing because of some psycho, my girlfriend has disappeared too, and my ex is in jail. How can I care about something as little as my health?"

"It's not little-"

"Anyways, we need to show the police everything. The text messages, the photos, the evidence." Tzuyu looked at Chaeyoung, and then Nayeon.

"But the kidnapper-" Nayeon interrupted again.

"DO YOU WANT TO SAVE OUR FRIENDS OR NOT, NAYEON? SHOW THE POLICE THE DAMN EVIDENCE."

"Alright," Nayeon backed away. "No need to scream again."

*****

Sana shielded her face from the photographers who kept on coming in, waiting to get their pictures in secret.

They would hide the cameras in their hat or jacket, and use it to snap a shot of Sana.

Minsoo walked over to where Sana was and sighed. "We've caught three of them. Who knows how much have gotten out with photos."

"It's alright. Thanks for trying." Sana fumbled with her fingers. "Do I have a lawyer yet?"

Minsoo shook his head. "Sorry. It'll be a big case since you're a celebrity and all, so they want to do this right. Meanwhile, do you want me to move you to an enclosed jail area? So the paparazzi don't come for you."

Sana nodded shakily, feeling weak. "Yeah. That would be nice."

She gulped as Minsoo unlocked the cell, allowing her out. Minsoo blocked her from the cameras and led her to a much safer cell, where people wouldn't see her.

"If you need anything, just call for me. You're Jeongyeon's friend and I want to help you and her."

"Thanks." Sana sheepishly replied.

Minsoo left, leaving Sana to lean her head back for a little and cry.

Mina was dead?

Since when?

And why was Sana in the station.

Here she was, being blamed for something she didn't do.

Worst of all, Nayeon was nowhere to be seen anymore, and Sana had no other support.

Her career would be ruined at this point.

Not that it wasn't ruined already, but she knew that if her disappearing for two years hadn't already ended her career, this sure would.

And it had only been her second day since arriving back in Korea.

What would even happen next?

All Sana knew what that she had 3 days before she would be charged for murder.

The murder of her own best friend.