31: she's gone

"I've just checked your phone, and it seems like whoever the unknown voice is had something implanted into your phone. A virus of some sort, allowed them to hear everything that happened." Minsoo gave the phone back to Chaeyoung. "I'd advise you to be careful with what you press, next time."

Chaeyoung nodded. "Thanks. I'll make sure to be extra careful."

"Great. How about I treat you to some coffee? It seems we both need it after this long day."

Chaeyoung smiled. "That sounds good. What about that one dog café?"

"Which one?"

"It's the one that's... I don't know, it's a dog café. Some girl called Irene works there, Dahyun's trying to date her."

"Oh, Irene? I know her."

"How do you know everyone?" Chaeyoung groaned. "I know like 10 people, tops."

"I'm a police officer. Anyways, I know Irene because her childhood best friend is also my best friend."

"And who is that?" Chaeyoung asked as Minsoo began to clear his things.

"Kim Taehyung. Him and Irene both lived in Daegu, and I trained to become a police there with him."

"And where is he now?"

"Dispatched in America. Not sure why, I think he's a photographer of some sort." Minsoo shrugged his shoulders. "Let's go."

"Not so fast." His commander called him back.

"What is it, boss?" Minsoo asked. "We were just going to get a coffee at that one dog café."

The commander gave a sad chuckle. "You'll be getting more than a coffee there, boy."

"What?"

"You're getting a whole case. Pack up your things, a bomb exploded there. You'll be investigating."

*****

"Minatozaki Sana, you have a visitor."

Sana sat up and rubbed her eyes. "It's like 12am though."

"He said it was urgent."

Sana nodded as she stood up. "So is my sleep, but alright."

The guard allowed Sana into the visiting room as she rubbed her eyes and yawned.

"Minsoo? What are you doing here at this time?" Sana laughed, half-asleep. "Is my visitor here today? She hasn't visited me for the past two weeks."

Minsoo didn't answer her as she raised her eyebrow.

"What? Did something happen?" Sana shuffled forward.

"Um, Sana, the thing is," Minsoo gulped. "She won't be visiting you anymore."

"What, why? Has she moved on? Did she decide to go out for coffee dates everyday now or something? Why is she not going to visit me?"

"Maybe I should start from the beginning."

"Please do, I'm curious."

"I had a case today." Minsoo began, wondering how to word it. "There was a bomb. I went to go investigate, and right now we're taking a break from the case overnight. No one's there at the moment, it's all in ruins."

"What does this have to do with Tzuyu?"

"You know that café that Dahyun and Tzuyu have been going to regularly?"

Sana nodded slowly. "You mean?"

"Tzuyu and Dahyun were there when the bomb exploded. They just happened to be there at the wrong time, I'm so sorry Sana."

"You're telling me..." Sana gulped.

"Yes, Sana, she's dead." Minsoo looked away. "I'm really sorry."

"N-no, it's not your fault." Sana stammered. "B-but she's gone? Really?"

"She was there when the bomb exploded. There were several dead bodies there, burnt to ash. We're still doing an autopsy, to try and identify the bodies."

"W-wait." Sana stuttered as she began to shake. "She just died? Her and Dahyun? They just died?"

"It seems like it at the moment." Minsoo scratched his head. "Unless there was a miracle of some sort and some angel brought them out, then I doubt it. They're dead, Sana. I'm-"

"Don't finish it. Is that all you came to tell me? That they died? IS THAT ALL MINSOO?!" Sana screamed.

"Calm down, calm down." Minsoo panicked.

Sana punched the wall in anger as she cried.

"I can't be losing everyone I love. It's too much, Minsoo."

"I know how you feel-"

"No, you don't Minsoo!" Sana remarked. "I'm stuck in prison, in an orange jumpsuit, for a crime I didn't commit.

One of my best friend's is fighting with my other best friend's boyfriend constantly, one person died, another of my best friends has been kidnapped.

My girlfriend left me and is now with her first love.

Now my ex and my other best friend is dead?

I don't understand what I did wrong, Minsoo. Next you're gonna tell me that Momo went missing." Sana tried to laugh.

Minsoo only looked up at Sana and sighed.

"Oh god." Sana froze. "Momo went missing, didn't she?"

Minsoo nodded his head. "I'm sorry, Sana."

"NO THIS IS ALL STUPID!" Sana screamed. "I'm losing everyone, Minsoo. Everyone." Sana slid to the ground and cried.

Minsoo rushed around the table and pulled her up.

"Come on-"

"No!" Sana punched him back. "They're gone, Minsoo. I've lost everyone I love. I'm losing myself. I can't do this anymore. I don't want to stay another day in here."

"Shhh, Sana. Come on, let's get you back to your cell."

Sana could only cry as she walked back to her tiny space, her knuckles red and her cheeks puffy as she lay back down on her bed.

"They're gone..." Sana whispered to herself. "She's gone."
_________________________________________

A/N

HEY GUYS!

Guess what....

There's only a few more chapters until this book ends.

I'm so thankful for those who have stuck with me.

Thank you for all your comments and your love.

The next few chapters are going to be filled with tension, so beware.

Also, I'll get back to writing my other Satzu book when I finish this one. So please wait.

That's it, bye!

— MisoMina💜