29; i did love you

Jihyo came up to Nayeon with a cup of coffee in her hand.

"Did you hear?" Jihyo began. "Sana's prison girlfriend has a court hearing today."

Nayeon turned to Jihyo with a look of shock on her face.

"Really? How is Sana?" Nayeon asked.

Jihyo shrugged her shoulders. "According to Jeongyeon, from Minsoo himself, she's devastated. Imagine falling in love in prison, after being trapped there for two months, and finding out that your new love is leaving you. Tsk." Jihyo sipped her coffee.

Nayeon nodded as she leaned over the railing of the bridge, looking at the pond beneath them.

"It's a private court case, but I'm pretty sure Minsoo will be able to let us get in. Besides, we're Sana's friends." Jihyo looked out at the pond. "How's Heechul coping, by the way?"

"He's not doing good." Nayeon hung her head down. "Momo's been gone since last night, and he hasn't talked or moved a muscle. Somehow I miss our bickering."

"What?" Jihyo scoffed. "Well, I definitely don't. It's much quieter without you two fighting over who dropped the soap into the bathtub."

Nayeon chuckled. "I guess it is much more relieving for the people around us."

"I hope we find Momo soon. We only have two days, right?"

Nayeon nodded her head as she sighed. "I'm so worried for her. I just wanna find her and bring her back safely."

"To Heechul?"

"To Heechul." Nayeon chuckled. "Besides, I've got Jeongyeon beside me, even if we do fight a lot."

Jihyo rolled her eyes. "A lot is an understatement. You both are so competitive."

"Excuse me? Us - competitive? You're saying that as if you aren't competitive either."

Jihyo shrugged. "I never said I wasn't competitive. I just said you two were."

"Yeah, yeah. I know what you tried to say."

Jihyo's eyes sparkled as she laughed. "Anyways, we should head over to the police station, I'm sure we can get a place in that courtroom."

*****

The courtroom was abuzz as the people awaited Eunha's fate.

They talked in hushed tones as the judge and the jury left the room, and there was a sense of tension that filled the atmosphere of the closed room.

Nayeon turned slightly to Jihyo.

"Gosh this is so tense. I'm nervous, and I'm not even the one on trial!" Nayeon bit her nail.

"Of course you're nervous, whatever happens now will determine the future."

"That made no sense whatsover." Nayeon laughed.

"Shush." Jihyo hushed. "I'm unable to process words at the minute, I'm even sweating right now."

"I feel like my hair is falling out." Nayeon abruptly commented.

"No one needed to know that, Nayeon." Jihyo glared at her.

"Yeah but I'm nervous. I tend to say random things."

"You really are like Jisoo." Jihyo laughed.

"Really? I tend to hang out with Yeri and Jennie more though." Nayeon told her.

Jihyo sighed. "Okay, let's move on. What do you think about Eunha killing her dad?"

"It seems as if she did it to protect her sister. That's all, and I feel as if she'll be let go." Nayeon whispered.