𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟮 - 𝗣𝘂𝘁 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘂𝗶𝘁 ⎊

【0】【0】【.】【0】【0】

】【0】【0】

⍟   ⎊

Bruce had momentarily left the lab, I was here to keep track of JARVIS' decryption process. To reveal S.H.I.E.L.D's secrets and Fury's unwillingness to tell us the whole truth.

I just know that they're hiding something major. And if this is some deal like Stark Industries I won't do this. I am done with being part of lives being destroyed by weapons I'm a part of making.

I'm done with destroying things. I wanna be an asset to society and it's advancements instead of pulling it deeper and deeper into a hole of war and destruction.

It was really quite in the lab. I had no one to talk to and the watch I finally had the guts to bring with me was in my back pocket. And I know it's there, I can feel it. I can almost hear it ticking. I sighed heavily and took it out of my pocket.

I held it out in front of me and looked at the time.

In 6 minutes and 38 seconds Steve will come back into the lab. I don't know why he will, he seemed really annoyed with me when he left. That was the point. It doesn't matter that he's my soulmate...he was more important to my dad than I was and I won't let that happen to me too.

"Why did you do this to me?" I asked the watch in my hands, I turned it over and looked at the scuffed and worn out backside of it and the cracked black leather straps.

"Why did you make Steve my soulmate? What did I ever do to you, fate?" I mumbled.

Just as I asked why Steve is my soulmate the doors to my left opened, and there stood Bruce with eyes big like plates. I groaned and hid my face in my hands.

I can't believe he heard that. I mean...I guess it's better than Steve. I'm not sure if he even knows. He never owned a soul-watch and I never told him, I was going to but I traveled back. But I was intending that no one would find out, except Pepper who is always pestering me about it.

Bruce walked over to me, pointing out of the door that Steve had exited the lab from a few minutes ago. I rolled my eyes as I prepared myself to hear him ask about it.

Again. WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU, FATE?!

"Did I hear that right? Is St—"Bruce asked.

"No." I interrupted.

"—Steve your soulmate?"

"No."

"Does he know? Tony, have you told him?"