𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟬 - 𝗠𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗯𝘂 ⎊

【0】【0】【.】【0】【0】

】【0】【0】

⍟ ⎊

"Did you tell him then?" Rhodey asked. I remained silent, making him sigh heavily. He pinched the bridge of his nose as he watched me through the screen, I gave Rhodey a look that told him not to yell at me.

"You are a dumbass, Tony. When Pepper hears of this—" I interrupted him.

"She won't!" But Rhodey spoke over me at the same time.

"She will whoop your ass!" He shouted at me, I sighed. As loudly as I could, to make Rhodey aware of how annoyed I was by this whole 'Steve is your soulmate, ordeal.

"Sigh all you want. You could've told him and saved yourself the trouble of an ass whooping. You had your perfect opportunity to tell him, and you fucked it up."

"Okay. I get it, thank you, honeybear."

I have to admit, I wanted to tell him. And I was going to, I told him that I had figured out something the day he died. But I didn't tell him what because in the heat of the moment, and in the heat of a minor panic attack, I got scared and then I forgot about it.

Seems like Steve did as well, he didn't speak of it either. Thing is...he has his own watch, according to Natasha who had talked to Fury who said that Coulson had gifted Steve a soul-watch.

So he must know too. And he acts like it's nothing, meaning he's just like me. He doesn't want to believe it, and he doesn't wanna pursue any relationship with me. Hence why I decided to live my life without him and leaving the display cracked.

What Pepper and Rhodey don't understand is that..sure, Steve is my soulmate and I have a lot of love for him and we've had our good moments while I was stuck in 1943-1945, but the way I grew up.

I grew up in his shadow, and since I was always thinking that Captain America is perfect I tried to live up to that. I tried and I tried and I tried and all I wanted to do was satisfy my dad just ONCE.

And when I failed, and the older and the wiser I got, the angrier I became. I was hateful not only towards my dad but also towards Steve.

He proved himself to be very different when I met him, but when he died and I zapped back to reality the memories washed over me like a wave of fire as wrath took over.

I was in love with him at some point, and after that subsided I was just a big ball of melancholy. The wrath had seeped out of me and the residuals corroded into tired sadness.