𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯𝟴 - 𝗔 𝗧𝗶𝗻𝘆 𝗦𝘁𝗲𝗽 ⎊

【0】【0】【.】【0】【0】

】【0】【0】

⍟  ⎊

"I think I saw Steve... at some point." I told Pepper as I tapped on the glass on the table in front of me while Pepper stopped her annoying pacing. Ever since I delivered the news of me breaking up with Steve to her she's been trying to make me see him differently. Trying to get me to see things from Bucky's perspective.

I act like I haven't seen things like they were. That Bucky has been brainwashed by Hydra and didn't do it by choice. But I understood that. Long ago. What I haven't been able to wrap my head around is why Steve kept my parent's murder a secret. He didn't have to. I'd rather he told me than Zemo.

It wouldn't hurt less, though. For years and years I thought my parents simply died in a car crash... but they were murdered. Ruthlessly. Even my dad didn't deserve a fate like that. What also hurt was the fact that I knew he was hiding something, and the fact that what I had been dreaming for so long about the moment Steve would destroy my arc reactor was true.

Nevertheless, Pepper turned to me. Her eyes bugged out and she crossed her arms over her chest.

"When?" She asked, more calm than I thought she'd be.

"That day when we met Peter in the park." I said, gulping down the rest of the liquor in the glass in front of me. Pepper sighed loudly and took the glass away from me.

"I'm not gonna watch you drink yourself away again. Not ever. And Steve is an asshole for what he did. But don't hurt yourself by drinking, Tony." She explained, standing her stubborn ground in front of the counter.

"Where did you see him? Are you sure it was him?" She asked, her tone softer. I huffed, glancing at the untouched soul-watch. I hadn't touched that thing in a while. It was Pepper that moved it around. Still cracked.

It was the only thing that kept me sure of my feelings towards Steve. If that thing is still cracked, it means I'm still not ready to forgive him. Or even be with him. Not consciously or unconsciously. It's best that way. What's really freaking my out is the fact that its been rusting recently. The very edges of it. I've never seen that before. And I didn't think these things could rust. I don't know how it would oxidize while constantly dry and inside but... whatever.

I shook my head in response to Pepper.

"I don't know. Feels like I'm just seeing things. He would never risk the safety of his friends to see me. Though, there seems to be a theme with Steve and where his loyalty lies." I said, rolling my eyes.

"You know Rhodey and I are always here for you. What Steve did was... messed up. I'm not gonna try and be a love doctor anymore." She apologized, sitting down next to me and putting a hand on my shoulder. I gave her a half hearted smile.