𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯𝟳 - 𝗡𝗼 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 ⍟ ⎊

【0】【0】【.】【0】【0】

】【0】【0】

⍟  ⎊

"Steve... I know you miss him," Sam began, watching on as Steve put on a jacket. "But we've been hiding for almost 2 years, this isn't a great time to go see him." Steve sighed, he knew Sam was right. But damn, the more time that passed the more Steve seemed to miss Tony. He never told anyone about the fact he had waited by his phone, for a call from Tony. A call he knew he didn't deserve. He regretted not telling Tony about his parents earlier, he had 2 years to tell him. And he didn't, he wasn't even sure why anymore.

"Just think this through. If they find you they'll find us."

"I won't let that happen. I just- I have to just... see him."

2 Years earlier

Tony's vision turned out to be correct. For 26 years Tony had had that strange dream almost every night, and that's what he thought it was. A dream. Created from trauma. But it wasn't. All along it had been a vision. A vision about a man with a metal arm, and Steve slamming his shield into Tony's arc reactor. He felt like an idiot, for believing Steve when he told Tony he would never hurt him. Like he did that night.

"Tony I'm never gonna hurt you. I'm never gonna become the guy you see in those dreams, and you couldn't hurt me. And even if you did I wouldn't wanna hurt you, the thought has never crossed my mind."

Tony found out about his parents, what Bucky did. How he had choked Maria to death, beat Howard until he fell flat on the ground. Making his mom have to see her dead husband by her side. Something Tony didn't realize was that it wasn't Bucky who did it, but Hydra's Winter Soldier. And Steve wasn't going to let anything happen to Bucky.

Steve fought vigorously to protect Bucky. At first he tried to reason with his soulmate, but as soon as he realized that Tony wasn't going to listen anyway he started fighting. He fought harder than he had ever fought anyone, and it broke the both of them down in the end.

Steve sat on top of Tony, he was punching Tony's helmet with his bare fist to try and get it off of him so that he wouldn't suffocate once his suit were to shut down once he destroyed the arc reactor. Tony's thoughts were: this is where he kills me. He's gonna kill me. I'm gonna die here. Before Steve fell off Tony, he spotted Tony crying but trying desperately to hold back. Steve couldn't help but let a lone tear escape his eye, but it got caught by his helmet. Making Steve look like he was ice cold to Tony.

A few days later, while on the run, he sent Tony a package. Where he had put a handwritten letter, a phone and Tony's soul-watch.

Tony,

I'm glad you're back at the compound. I don't like the idea of you rattling around a mansion all by yourself. We all need family. The Avengers are yours, maybe more so than mine. I've been on my own since I was 18, I never really fit in. Anywhere. Even in the army.