𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟴 - 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝗯𝗯𝗶𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝘁 ⍟

【0】【0】【.】【0】【0】

⍟   ⎊8 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙝𝙨 𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧

⍟   ⎊
8 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙝𝙨 𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧...

"I'm sorry, Steve...I don't think I can do that."

Natasha is a real comfort. She has helped me a lot these past few years. And now is not an exception. Tony and I have been together for 8 months, and no one but the team has a clue.

And it feels like hell. I want to show the world how much I love Tony, what I would do for him. But I also see why Tony doesn't want to tell the rest of the human race about this. Despite huge progress there are still people that will harm anyone that isn't like them.

And because of how many times Tony has been betrayed by people he's weary, and he has all right to be. I have talked to Natasha about it a few times, how I want the world to know about it and that Tony doesn't.

She told me every time to talk to him, and I didn't. And when I did he declined, saying he didn't want to risk anyone's safety. The being mine and the rest of the team's.

"I know it's hard for you, Steve. But you've still missed a lot. It might seem like things are bettering, and legally they are. But for the real people...Tony has a reason to be scared." Natasha had told me, and I agreed.

"Maybe...I just wished things were different. People still think they can treat Tony like the person he used to be, I just...I don't know. I waited for so long to be with Tony, it happened and things were great. Until he started becoming paranoid," I explained.

"He wouldn't even talk to me in public, he didn't give me even a look. Am I doing something wrong, Natasha?"

"Steve," she placed a comforting hand on my arm and stroked it gently. "All he needs is time. It took him 3 years..maybe 5 to confess to you. Show him you're willing to give him that time."

Later that day I found Tony in our room, sitting on the bed and not moving. Just breathing and for a moment I thought he had been doing yoga, but it's not exactly his thing.

"Hi, Tony." I greeted, keeping my position against the doorframe. He looked up at me, looking weary. He always did, he tried his best to sleep. And most nights he did. But there is a difference between sleeping and the feeling rested. That was something he never did.

Though you can't expect nightmares to end just 'cause the problem was solved, his problems were rooted deep into his system. So deep they could sometimes affect him physically.

He didn't respond to me, he just sat there on the bed. I sat down by his side and he immediately leaned his head on my shoulder, I turned my head and kissed the top of his head while snaking my arm around his waist.