𝙈𝙞𝙣𝙞 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 - 𝙇𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙤 𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚 ⍟

【0】【0】【.】【0】【0】

】【0】【0】

⍟  ⎊

I had pondered a whole week, wether to do it or not. If it was worth it, if it would last. I wasn't certain it would if I were to consider it, but...it felt like a risk worth taking. He was worth everything, every little thing I went through to get to this point was worth it. To get to him in that exact moment.

A week could be a long time to ponder, it could also be a very short time, depending on what the source of the pondering is.

I also wondered if I should've told anyone else on the team about my plans, but I decided against it. I went out to town to find him something special, trying to really avoid being seen. I wanted no one to know.

It was the night before the team and I were going to Lagos when I had made up my mind, to 100%. The two of us were watching a movie together, Footloose I think it was called. I enjoyed it but once the first half had passed Tony got bored and decided that he wanted a massage.

So, I gave him one while keeping on watching the movie. THEN Tony became his usual attention-craving self, and he was especially craving in the evening. So, we did a couple of things.

We took a bath together, Tony practically begged me to kiss him every three seconds, we talked about random things and old memories from our time in the 40s...
It made me eager and I felt like I didn't want to wait. I wanted to do it.

I wanted to ask him to marry me.

It was all I wanted to do, and it felt so right to do it at that moment. I could see myself with this...wonderful, beautiful man my whole life. There was no one else I'd rather spend the rest of my life with.

I had taken the box with the ring in it out of the jacket I wore to the jeweler I went to, to get the ring custom made. I didn't lay back down on the bed and it alarmed Tony, he sat up and gave me a look of confusion mixed with worry.

"Why are you just standing there?" Tony asked.

"Can...can you please sit at the end of the bed, darling?" I answered his question with another question, he slowly did as I said and sat down by the edge of our bed.

"You're not gonna..like kill me or something, are you, winghead?" He asked as I walked up to him, I went down on both my knees and I took his hands in mine. I kissed his knuckles before looking up at him and into his hauntingly beautiful eyes, the way the light from the tv flickered in them blew me away.

His beauty is unmatched.

"Tony. I love you. More than I've ever loved anyone, ever. And probably more than I will ever love anyone again, for so long I've wandered around wishing you were my soulmate cause I was so in love with you," I began.

"84 years in the ice couldn't even change the feelings I had for you. And neither could 84 more, I love you. I love you and I imagine me waking up by your side 'til I'm old—"

And then the accords happened..and that moment will forever be a forgotten memory after this, and not a reason for celebration of our love.

I was little too late, and little too stupid to really ask you.

———

I hope you liked this little addition c:

So, Cap was going to propose to Tony but chickened out just told Tony his whole speech was just his gratitude. And he didn't end up asking, and now he can't because of Civil War.