𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯𝟰 - 𝗢𝗽𝗽𝗼𝘀𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲𝘀 ⎊

【0】【0】【.】【0】【0】

】【0】【0】

⍟ ⎊

Well, I was correct when I thought there would be ruckus and disagreements. We kind of broke the internet, all I see are articles with that one picture of us in the park. Someone had been following us, just what I suspected and planned as well.

We even made it to the news. Seems like people were surprised that the genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist is in a real relationship and they are also surprised that America's star-spangled golden boy is not in fact a straight guy. Politicians have talked about us, singers, actors, famous news anchors and talk show hosts. We've been everywhere.

I can see that Steve is quite bothered by all the attention. Of course he's been there before, he is Captain America after all, but never to this extent.

And mostly we've been praised. For the bravery and for tearing down expectations on both superheroes and normal people, that there are no certain way a person should be or act like. That you don't decide who you love.

But we've also received a lot of hate for it. As one would expect. People that call us disgusting and that we should've kept it to ourselves, that we are encouraging kids to be gay or bi, that they will no longer support the Avengers. It's ridiculous. Absolutely disgusting how people can act like this.

People are so fucking nasty. And they don't understand that you can't teach someone to be gay, just like you can't teach someone to be straight. It doesn't work. You love who you love and you are who you are.

But, in all the negative press we've seen beacons of light. Some people tell us they were brave enough to come out to their friends and family and some tell us they now see the LGBTQ+ in a different light, a good light that is. That we changed their train of thought.

That's something that makes you smile for days on end.

"I guess you were right, honey." I told Steve after hearing about us on the news and how positive it mostly was.

The rest of the team were proud of us. I just wish...I find myself wishing that Bruce could be here to see all this. He was probably our number one fan, wherever he is I hope he knows or sees it. And knows that a lot of it comes from him purposefully setting us up in sneaky ways.

And I got Pepper to thank too. For telling me not to clock out, this time. I'm thankful for everyone in the team for being so supportive of us, I'm eternally grateful.

But, after a suspicious amount of time without horrifying and scarring dreams at night for a longer period, the same dream I've had for years—decades even—started coming back. And it's always the same one.