The way over there and the crew

George POV

I woke up to the jolting of us landing onto the airport and I looked outside as the sun began to rise on the land of the rising sun. As we got out of the airport and onto the buses and as they carry all the commanders of the American schools and their crews I notice they were worried, very worried. In total their are only 6 schools in America that does tankerey all of which are all boy schools. The exception was the Clara Barton All Girls High School and they are known mostly for their light tanks and tactical prowess. The other 5 schools include my school The Abraham Lincoln All Boys High school, The Sam Houston All Boys High School, The San Francisco All Boy Christian High School, New York Boys High School, and The Mississippi Public High School For Boys. My school has been the finalists for the American Tankerey League for 1 times since we opened and I am the commander for that first final spot however we lost in a close battle with Sam Houston All Boys High School. But even the seasoned veteran of a commander Benjamin Patton who is a direct descent of George Patton is concerned and this is not helping the rest of us. Then my gunner and close friend Daniel who is a Texan even though he doesn't act like one had a suggestion.

" Hey George weren't you a soloist in the choir before becoming a commander?"

" Yes but what  does that have to do with right now?"

" You ready to sing for an audience?" He said pulling out his phone and his music player.

I just sighed then I reluctantly nodded. " You sure this will work." 

" Of course man, ask anyone else in the crew. Your singing can even warm up Patton when he is in his serious mode."

I looked at my other close friends James who was the driver, Pierre who was the loader, and Ryan who was the radio operator. All gave their different sighs of approval James with his lazy nod, Pierre with is thumbs up, and Ryan who nodded in a supportive fashion.

" Alright wish me luck." I said before I stood up.

Daniel begun to play the music and the rest of the bus began to turn to me with a questioning look. 

I took a deep breath and I started to sing.

As I ended my song the rest of the bus clapped for me and I sat down with relief.

" That was great man." Daniel said.

" Yeah maybe we should all try again at the hotel, it might attract chicks." said Pierre.

We all rolled our eyes and laughed, we all knew that he tried to get ready for a girlfriend even though he didn't even try to get one. While we all laugh and joked the morale on the bus seem to be better and soon it seem like a short while until we arrived at the hotel which would also be the meeting room. We started to get our bags out when we see another bus park near us. We stopped and saw the commanders and their crews for the Japanese Tankerey teams get out and started to head towards their rooms. Pierre quickly went to the hotel door and opened the door for the incoming girls. We watched from a distance as most girls walked past him with either silence or a thank you until we see a girl with orange hair with Miho's crew give him a wink. He blushed red enough for us to worry he might faint and with our luggage and his bag which he left behind we went to him.

" She winked at me." Pierre said with pure bliss on his face.

" Congrats man now lets get checked in and ready for tomorrow." Ryan stated. Unlike Pierre Ryan was very down to earth, he doesn't focus on getting a girlfriend and instead focuses on his study's and his career as a tanker. He is still by all accounts friendly and a great person to be around but he isn't the person who like to party.

" I just want to sleep." muttered James. James is always tired, no one could really figure out why but he is up enough to get his work done and is a very kind person who is willing to push himself to help others. He also drinks coffee on a ridiculous scale which also helps him keep awake and his usual happy self.

" I wonder what modifications they made to their tanks?" Said Ryan. Ryan is our resident military expert, he knows the inside and out of every tank in WW2 and is a great tactician. He is however pretty quiet around most people and only really talks to us in private.

Daniel is an out-goer even by extrovert standards. He finds friends easily and is a reliable, hard working individual. He was my best friend since elementary school and ever since we always been brothers in arms.

We finally head towards our room after the comically long wait at the check in and we all stumbled into the rooms. We finally got ready for bed and after a long day traveling finally got some sleep.