The Last Battle

Third Person POV

The sound of tank engines run loud as a Panther 4 leads a charge through the forest towards the Federations capital. Erich pokes his body out with the help of a box and swings his arm forwards.

Erich: Kameraden weiterleiten! (Forward comrades!)

The Panther 4 smash through a gate and the gate broke open. Other light and medium tanks quickly followed with infantry in their half tracks and trucks began to unload rounds into any Federation troops they come across.

Erich: Remember, clear all buildings and watch for snipers!

The infantry nodded and began to clear building after building. Erich tank lurched into a street that leads to the main street and begun to shoot smoke rounds.

Captain 1: Forwards! For the Union!

The infantry began to run through the smoke and they quickly destroyed the fortifications in front of them.

Erich: Get me George.

Radio Operator: Roger.

The radio man quickly punched in Georges radio and handed the radio to Erich.

George: Erich?

Erich: George the attack has gone well and we should be able to draw them away. 

George: Good. We will be entering the city soon.

Another explosion is heard and George's heavy tanks crash through the front fortifications of the city.

George: We are encountering very heavy resistance here. We can make it but it will take awhile.

Erich: Roger, we will see if we can support you.

Gunner: Enemy Pershing on our front.

Erich: Fire!

The Panther 4 cannon roared and the Pershing's tracks where disabled. The Pershing turned it's cannon but a round from a tiger quickly put it out of action.

Erich: Continue forwards! Don't let them have a chance to get ready!

Tiger Commander 1: Centurion tank on our 5!

Panzer Commander 1: We got taken out!

Tiger Commander 2: So did we!

Chafee Commander 1: Jesus Christ that one tank took down an entire division!

Chafee Commander 2: We're hit!

Erich: Don't worry I'm on my way! Get everyone else to cover!

Tiger Commander 1: Jawohl!

Erich made is way to where the radio transmission came from and saw a graveyard of machines. A half track is seen with a dazed gunner unconscious on the turret.

Erich: Stay sharp.

The rest of the crew nodded and they surveyed the battlefield. Suddenly the Centurion revealed itself and a little girl in a Federation uniform is seen standing in the turret.

Erich: Target spotted!

Loader: Shell up!

Erich: Fire!

The shell shot out however it bounced on the Centurion's tough armor.

Alice: Fire.

The Centurions shell fired and clipped the Panzer 4 's back armor.

Erich: Crap!

Driver: Redirecting course!

Loader: Round up!

Erich: Wait for a shot!

The Panzer 4 mad its way to behind an eliminated tank and turned sharply towards the Centurion. The Centurion backed up however the Panzer 4 stepped on the gas. Soon both tanks stare down each others barrels and then they both fired. The rounds hit home and the sound of two white flags popping out was all that remained.

Erich: We got them?

Gunner: Yeah, we got them.

Loader: *sigh* That was a slight disappointment.

Erich: All troops this is Erich Rommel. We have taken out the Centurion but we are also taken out. Keep fighting, this war will end today.

Erich then stood out of his tank and faced his opponent. Alice did the same and the two stared at each other for what seems like an eternity. Then Alica and Erich hopped out of their tanks and shook hands among the wreck of both Federation and Union tanks.

George POV

George: Erich has been taken out however the Federation lost their best tank commander. All tanks forwards!

The main force continues to drive towards the main square and then they saw it. The main road.

George: This is the main street. If we follow it we will arrive at the square and victory.

James: Orders?

George: Charge.

George's Hellcat lurches forwards and the rest of the force followed suit. They made their way down the street however they noticed something was off.

George: Where is everyone?

Just minutes before they where going up against a very stubborn defense however now they didn't see anyone. George stood up and began to look around his tank. They entered the square and still nothing came to contest them.

Daniel: Maybe they gave up?

James: Doesn't seem like them.

Ryan: Well I'm confused.

Pierre: Wait, do you hear that?

George: Yeah it sounds like an......engine?

Suddenly a Federation Pershing came barreling out of the Federations HQ and rammed into George's Hellcat. George is thrown to the side of the tank and then the Pershing fired. The shell exploded through the thin turret armor and then their was blood. A body fell on the floor of the Hellcat and there was silence at first. Then the screaming starts.

Daniel: Holy shit!

James: Son of a- Medic! We need a medic!

Pierre: Get a stretcher! Daniel help me stop the bleeding!

Ryan: Get me the flair gun!

Daniel hurried to Pierre's side of the tank and began to apply pressure to the wounds. Ryan raised his flair gun and shot three red flairs into the air. Victory had been achieved by the Unionists later however that wasn't what people remembered. On that day, George McClellan was flown to the hospital and is been put into critical for an undisclosed amount of time.