The first fight

Miho POV

We charged the American's positions is a dagger formation. Tanks where leading the charge with infantry close behind. At first we thought the artillery managed to get lucky however once the artillery stopped firing we received hell.

Duck Team: We are hit!

Mallard Team: We are getting decimated here!

Turtle Team: We are caught in a crossfire!

Fed. Commander: Keep pushing fowards.

Yukari: What the heck is she thinking, this isn't Stalingrad!

Hippo Team: Our tracks are gone!

Infantry commander: We are losing soldiers left and right here!

Miho: We need to call of the attack!

Fed. Commander: We are not calling of the attack!

Miho: The attack was doomed and now we just lost valuable soldiers and equipment!

Infantry Commander: This is Captain Kelly, we need to fall ba-

Miho: Captain? Captain respond!

??? POV

I just shot another commanding officer that was on the phone. I would think that the commanders would learn that charging a fortified position was a bad idea. I cock back my rifle and loaded another round into it as I stare down my iron-sights for a new target.

Charles: Well that is my 10th kill and the war just started. What do you think Natasha?

Natasha: Honestly this is easier than what my great grandmother had to deal with at Odessa.

Charles: What was your full name again my lady?

Natasha: Natasha Pavlichenko, and also Mr. Hayha, I have a challenge for you.

Charles: Please, just call me Charles. And what exactly is this competition?

Natasha: Whoever has the most kills by the end of this battle gets to shoot the Feds commander once the attack is done.

Charles: Done, well I seem to be ahead right now.

Natasha: Not for long.

The pair smiled and chuckled before continuing to pop heads of the Fed's troops.

Miho POV

Our forces are depleting rapidly as a combination of arms fire dwindled our troops.

Miho: We are pulling back.

Fed. Commander: What do you mean we are pulling back this is cowardice.

Miho: If we continue to charge we will loose all our men and equipment before reaching their trench. This will leave a huge hole in the line and possibly end the war right here.

Fed. Commander: Fine, all units withdraw.

Third person POV

The last of the Fed's army withdraws back to their defenses and the pair of snipers finally count their "kills".

Charles: So we both have 20 kills.

Natasha: So it would seem.

Charles: I really thought I was going to win.

Natasha: Actually we can compromise.

Charles: Yeah, you're right. How about I shoot the Fed's vice commander while you take out the commander.

Natasha: Sounds good to me, your call first.

Charles: You find it weird that we are working together?

Natasha: Well I enjoy working with you, your the best sniper I seen so far.

Charles: I can say the same for you.

Natasha: We can talk about this latter, for now we got a couple Fed heads to clean.

Charles: I love the way you think Natasha.

Meanwhile at the Federation's base.

Fed. Commander: I can't believe we ran away like that.

Miho: If we stayed we would have had more of our soldiers captured.

Fed. Vice commander: Mrs. Nishizumi if I were you I would go back to your tent. We need to find a way to break their lines.

Miho: They are my soldiers to you know, actually they aren't just my soldiers. They are my teammates and friends, I can't just send them to a meat grinder. We already lost the Duck Team and Hippo team to the enemy, I can't just send in more tanks or else they will be captured too.

Fed. Commander: Just leave, you already made my day hard enough.

Miho: You need to stop underestimating them, if we do we will surely loose.

Fed. Commander: Stop talking about those American's like that, they are nothing but amateurs that have no regard to the culture and history of Tankerey. You are a Nishizumi how could you think of them in this wa-

Suddenly both her and the Vice Commander dropped to the floor with a taser shot mark right on their heads.

Miho: Medic, we need a medic here now!

Back to the snipers

Charles: Well target is eliminated.

Natasha: Yes, well we should probably get some grub.

Charles: Agreed. Well see you tomorrow Natasha.

Natasha: Good night Charles.

Hippo Team POV

It has been 30 minutes since we have been captured but since then we have been treated with respect. We were apparently facing contingents of Clara Barton and New York High. We were still kept under guard but the mostly left us along with our comrades. They told us that they haven't built any camps for us so we will be staying here. A lot of the guys have been trying to flirt with me and the rest of the girls bu the commanding officers and the girls from Clara Barton put a stop to it very quickly. We still wondered what was going on with the others at our lines as well as with other parts of the American lines.

On another section of the Union's defense line.

George POV

I couldn't believe they just charged at us like that, we almost ran out of taser bullets stopping all of them. I was looking at my map when I realized that their was a hill between us and the Fed's. I decided to take another 39 men with me to set up defenses and create a hill fortress that can also be used for scouting and directing artillery. I called the men up and briefed them on the mission. As I finished the briefing a couple of soldiers raise their hands and asked some questions.

Soldier 1: Won't we be outnumbered.

George: If we take any more we will be spotted easier an they will attack us.

Soldier 2: What do we bring for armament?

George: Anything you can carry, and lots of ammunition. Also you melee weapons.

Soldier 3: Will we be cut off?

George: That is highly unlikely as we have forces guarding our flank. But still we need to be prepared.

Soldier 4: When will we be leaving. 

George: Tonight in 30 minutes, so lets get moving people.

The soldiers: Sir Yes Sir!

We got our equipment and our tools and we started our way to the hill under the cover night. We sneaked up to the hill in silence and started preparing defenses as quick as we can for the reinforcements coming tomorrow. All we thought was the plan will go smoothly, oh how wrong we were to believe that.