Hospital

Third Person POV

[] George communicating.

Miho ran through the streets of Ooarai to the hospital where George was kept and into the registration. She was greeted by a nurse at the front desk.

Nurse: Good morning, how can I help you?

Miho: Hello, uhm I was wondering if I can find George McClellan here?

Nurse: Of course.

The nurse typed into her computer and looked back up at Miho.

Nurse: what is your relationship with Mr. McClellan?

Miho: Girlfriend.

Nurse: I see. He is in room 1861.

Miho: Thank you very much.

Nurse: No problem.

Miho quickly made her way to the room and soon found herself in front of the rooms door. She knocked quietly,nothing.

Miho (thought): Strange......maybe he is sleeping?

She slowly opens the door and found George sitting up with the help of the bed. He turned towards her and she was shocked at his wounds. It has been a couple of days since she heard about his injury but she wouldn't have imagined it would be this bad.

Miho: Are you ok?

George pointed at his throat and Miho saw red stitches all along his chest. Miho winced at the sight but then had a idea. She got out her phone and opened the notebook app. She then gave it to George.

Miho: You can use this to communicate.

George gave a thumbs up and took the phone. He began to type in something and showed it to Miho.

George: [ I can't talk because my vocal cord is damaged and I had a lung transplant a couple of days ago.]

Miho looked at George in shock.

Miho: That much from a tank shell?

George: [ I was surprised as well.]

Miho: Anything else?

George: [ Well besides the physical burns and cuts as well as those injuries I said earlier I had a concussion and multiple pieces of shrapnel in my body.]

Miho looked at her boyfriend in concern. Then she pulled out a chair and sat down next to him.

Miho: Well if you need anything I can help.

George: [ Oh, thanks. You really don't have to.]

Miho: It's alright.

Suddenly the door burst open and the rest of the Anglerfish crew as well as the commanders from most of the schools came in.

Saori: Miporin!

Yukari: Why did you run off?!

Hana: That was very irresponsible commander.

Mako: I got nothing to complain....

Darjeeling: Well it seems we are all here.

Kay: How you holding up?

George: [I'm okay thank you. How are all of you?]

Saori: Wait, why are you using Miho's phone to talk?

Miho: His vocal cords are damaged.

Yukari: Oh....

George: [It's ok.]

Kay: Well we should get going.

Saori: Yeah. If you need anything Miho just call us.

Miho: Thanks guys, this really means a lot.

The rest of the girls left the room and Miho was again left alone with George.

Miho: Well, we lost.

George: [You where held back.]

Miho: We could have done better. I'm just glad this is over.

George: [Same.]

Miho: I never got to read your letter.

George: [Do you have it?]

Miho got out the letter from her back pocket and looked at George who nodded his head. Miho opened it and gasped at what she saw was inside.

Miho: Is this....

George: [Yes it is.]

Miho took out an entry ticket for the Boko museum which also includes a coupon for the gift shop.

Miho: You really shouldn't have...

George: [I know how much you wanted to visit that place again.]

Miho: thank you...

The couple stared at each other for a couple of seconds. Then Miho leaned in and the two shared a passionate kiss. They continue to kiss until they needed air and they separated and looked at each other with bright red cheeks. Then a voice was heard from behind them.

Maho: What the heck are you two doing?!

The couple's eyes widened and Miho slowly turned to Maho while George looked at her with a face as red as a rose.

Miho: H-h-hey Maho.

George (thought): Well, sh*t.