Operation Backflip pt.1

American HQ

0700 hours

Nathaniel POV

We have been digging the tunnel nonstop since the battle of the bridge and it is starting to take it's toll on the men. Fatigue is starting to set in while the rest of the army is trying to make sure that no spys make it to our lines. However we kept working not only for our beloved sport but also for the guys and girls that are captured who fought until they couldn't no more. It was my crews turn in the tunnels again and I saw Benedict coming in with a pickax and a shovel.

Nathaniel: Good morning sir.

Benedict: Good morning private. You holding up?

Nathaniel: Yes sir, I just hope this plan will work.

Benedict: As long as our calculations are correct, it will work. How are all you boys doing?

Everyone else: Great sir!

Benedict: Spectacular. Now we got word that the girls are setting up defenses exactly where we want them to. As long as we measure out the tunnel correctly we will win this war in due time.

When everyone heard the news we all cheered and started to go back to digging. As we dug I started to sing and the other guys joined in. We sang quietly though so no one can hear us.

Nathaniel: It's a long way to Tipperary.

Private 1: It's a long way to go.

Private 2: It's a long way to Tipperary.

All: To the sweetest girl I know.

Private 1: Bum bumbumbumbum.

Nathaniel: Good bye piccadilly.

All: Farewell Leicester square.

Private 2: It's a long long way to Tipperary.

All: But my hearts, right there.

We hummed a bit but changed the song as we continue to hack away at the stone before us with new energy.

Nathaniel: When Johnny marching home again.

All: Hurrah. Hurrah.

Private 4: We'll give a hardy welcome then.

All: Hurrah. Hurrah.

All: For the men who cheer, the boys who shout. The ladies they will all turn out and we'll all feel gay (happy) when Johnny comes marching home. And we'll all feel gay (happy) when Johnny comes marching home.

*whistles*

Private 2: Get ready for the jubilee.

All: Hurrah. Hurrah.

Private 1: We'll give the hero three times three.

All: Hurrah. Hurrah.

Private 3: Well, the laurel wreath is ready now to place upon his loyal brow.

All: And we'll all feel gay (happy) when Johnny comes marching home. And we'll all feel gay (happy) when Johnny comes marching home

*whistles*

Nathaniel: In eighteen hundred and sixty-one.

All: Hurrah. Hurrah.

Nathaniel: That was when the war begun.

All: Hurrah. Hurrah.

Private 1: In eighteen hundred and sixty-two. Both sides were falling to.

All: And we'll all drink stone wine when Johnny comes marching home. And we'll all drink stone wine when Johnny comes marching home.