Release

Third Person POV

Today was the day, the day that George is leaving the hospital. His wounds kept him to a wheelchair but he managed to recover from his critical wounds in record time. As he is being pushed by the nurse towards the exit he looked at the hospital for the last time. Then a familiar voice is heard and he turned towards the voices location. His eyes widened as he saw what was in front of him.

 His eyes widened as he saw what was in front of him

George: H-Hi Miho....

Miho eyes widened and she smiled brightly.

Miho: Your voice is back! I'm glad.

Miho ran up to him and gave him a hug which he returned. The nurse smiled and helped him up onto his new wheel chair. The couple said their thank yous to the nurse and they begin to make their way down the streets of Ooarai. They where near the shopping center when they came across some familiar faces.

Miho: Hey guys!

Yukari, James, Hana, Ryan, Pierre, Saori, Mako, and Daniel all turned around and waved at the two. The couple approached their teammates and they where met with fist bumps and hugs.

Daniel: Good to see you out and about man.

George: Yeah.

Yukari: Hey you got your voice back!

Ryan: That's great man.

George: Thanks a lot guys.

George looked over at James and chuckled at the huge thermos in his hand.

George: Coffee?

James: What? It's what keeps me up. Plus they didn't have any coffee at the match so I need to r and r with a good cup of Joe.

Mako: Plus it's not even that bad.

George: I see that you managed to convert someone to your ways.

James: It's just coffee.

George: Yeah yeah, tell that to yourself when you crash at night.

James: Alright.

They all laughed at the comment but then Saori remembered something and pulled out a brochure from her purse.

Saori: Anyways, have you two heard about post match dance?

Pierre: Yeah, a lot of the other members of the Union are attending.

Hana: Same for the Japanese. However most are still bitter over their defeat.

Daniel: Well can't really blame them.

Ryan: I really do wish we can all just chill a bit. I mean the war is over.

Yukari: Well if you make an enemy, you aren't just going to forgive them after the war.

Ryan: I guess.

Pierre: Well, let's hope there's no Versailles in this new deal.

The rest of the group nodded but then a voice is heard from behind them and they saw Darjeeling with Paul.

Darjeeling: Greetings everyone.

Paul: Salutations.

Miho: Hi Darjeeling. Hi Paul.

George: I wasn't expecting you both to be here.

Paul: Why?

George: Well its Ooarai and the St. Gloriana carrier school should be at some other port. Also aren't you supposed to be back at the states?

Paul: Well they basically crammed both sides of the competition into Ooarai and no one was allowed out.

Darjeeling: With the increase in tension between both the Federation and the Union they decided that some time together would do some good in relieving the negative feelings between us.

Paul: And if I do say so myself, you all look quite close to each other.

Pierre: It seems we are not the only people to find love on the opposing side.

Both Darjeeling and Paul blushed a bit as the rest of the group chuckled and nodded with agreement.

Paul: W-Well I think that's a little to fast...

Darjeeling: I must agree.

Saori: See, you two are already acting like a couple.

The two sighed but quickly looked at each other in shock at their syncopation and quickly looked away from each other when they realized that they were staring.

Darjeeling/Paul: Sorry about that./ My bad.

The two continue to grow red as both Saori and Pierre continue to tease them. They where eventually stopped by George and Miho and both Paul and Darjeeling gave them a look of thanks. The two quickly turned towards the group and Darjeeling saw the brochure in Saori's hand.

Darjeeling: So, I heard about this dance and I must say that this is quite.....unusual.

Paul turn towards her and puts on a skeptical face.

Paul: Well it must all depends on who is going. If it's only the school's then it should be fine. But if the board from both sides are coming, then that might be odd.

Darjeeling: But so soon after a large scale war like scenario. Both sides need more then a few weeks to cool down, especially with the entire debacle the Federation found itself in about the poisonous gas.

James: Am I the only to say that it is very entertaining to watch Tsuji freak out in front of both the US and Japanese government officials?

The rest of the group nodded and they continue to discuss what has happened in the past weeks. As they talk they didn't notice the women watching from a nearby cafeteria. Her eyes wandered towards the group and a click is heard as she sighs with interest.

Women (whisper): Well...well....well....we have one heck of a story here.....this should be interesting....