The War Has Started

The island, 0900 hours

Third Person POV

The battle lines were drawn and the defenses where made. Both sides are ready and motivated. The Feds (The Japanese Senshado Federation) where expecting an easy fight as even with the bolstered number of the American they still outnumber them by a 3 to 1 margin. The top of the command chain where mostly girls sent by the Federation board. They were relatively new but had full confidence that they will overrun the Americans in no time. On the other side the Union (American Tankerey Union) where lead by the veteran command of Benjamin Patton in the south and Sofia Samusenko in the north. The Americans knew what was at stake and they swore to themselves that they rather be knocked out and captured instead of falling back an inch of ground. Morale was normal on both sides and then the clock strikes 1000 hours. 2 hours was left until the symphony of war starts its performance. On the American's side George commands the Abraham Lincoln Joint Tank And Infantry Company or as the men nickname it " Queen Elizabeth The Second's Company".

George POV

We have been preparing defenses for 6 hours straight and show almost no sign of stopping until the last 30 minutes. My entire body aches from building anti tank defenses and coverings for our tanks but I was happy. With permission from Sophia I am able to command my men from the front. So far it as worked wonders on the morale, it has been at an all time high and because of that we were able to make our defenses 2 times quicker than normal. Along with my decision to lead to the front that has brought the men confidence the men are also singing as they dig trenches and ready artillery. It was 1030 hours and I decided to see how the last preparation where going. As I went to the front trench I passed by my men. Whenever I passed by each man stood at attention and saluted while saying such jolly things such as " Good morning sir." and " Ready for your command sir.". I salute them back and they continue with their previous task with a smile on their face. I finally arrived at the front trench which was only 100 yards from The Feds front trench.

Union soldier: *salutes* Hello sir!

George: *salutes* Hello Private, how are you sir?

Union soldier: I am fine and dandy sir, ready to kick the Feds out of the city.

George: That is good to hear Private. If you don't mind answering, what is your name?

Nathaniel: My name is Nathaniel sir.

George: Ok than Nathaniel, godspeed and I wish you protection when the battle starts.

Nathaniel: Thank you sir!

I continue down the trench inspecting our fine work and I smiled. I looked out and saw a couple of apple trees in the distance as I wonder who my opponent is.

Miho POV

It was beautiful outside our defenses. Rolling green hill remind me of Ooarai and the forest the separates us and St. Gloriana was guarded by Chi Ha Tan. I envy them as the forest provides shade against the hot sun and is a beautiful wok of nature. It almost doesn't look man made and is really part of the environment in Europe which is what the designers of the island was aiming for. As I was entranced at the surroundings Saori came up to me with a message from Maple's commander Trout.

Saori: Hey Miporin!

Miho: Yes Saori?

Saori: Trout sent you a message regarding the start time.

Miho: Ok, thanks Saori.

Saori: No problem.... hey Miho?

Miho: Yes?

Saori: Are you ok with having to follow the federation girls?

Miho: Its not our choice is it.

Saori: No.. I guess it is not.