Operation Backflip pt.2

0900 hours behind the Fed's defensive line.

Nathaniel POV

Our tunnel was finished and we just finished making the hole connecting the tunnel to surface ground. I connected the last door hinge and we took a look outside. We saw the girls made a formidable defense line in front but almost nothing in the back. We silently grabbed our digging tools and we start to built the first lines of defense behind them. It will only be a matter of time before this is over, I hope.

Paul POV

I woke up again from my sleep, and I remembered where I was. I was at a federation prison camp in god knows where. As I got up I heard a scuffle in the back of the bunkhouse. I got up to check it out and I was surprised to see a note there. It read: 

To all forces captured by the Federation, hang tight. If you can give us information about the camps security and then put it into the place where you found this note it would be a great help to us. Sighed Commander George McClellan.

I smiled and started memorizing the note before I hid it in my sleeping bag. The time for liberation and victory is near. And I will be waiting for that time with open arms.

George POV

George: You send the message?

Private 1: Yes sir.

George: Good. Now go get some rest.

Private 1: Yes sir, thank you sir.

As the private left I began to look at the map again. There is a total of 3 prison camps all are full of boys and all have very light security. We were camped about 200 yards from the camp that is the closest to our previous lines. All we could do is wait for signal to begin. And I hate waiting.

Miho POV

Something is happening. First they don't shoot artillery at us when our lines are complete. Then we got word that there was sniper fire from the American HQ however they can't pinpoint where. Now we got reports of movement behind us. We don't know if it is the enemy or just some of of the girls goofing off. What we do know is that communications are acting up and we have to rely on runners to pass information. The situation is going from bad to worse to why are we even doing this. I am sitting behind my tank, my back leaning against its' tracks as the rest of my crew talk about the battle that is going to happen. I decided to ask the question that I have asked for a while now.

Miho: Why are we doing this again?

Saori: Because we are told to.

Miho: And where has that brought us?

Hana: To a defensive line with almost no communications under sniper fire and at the mercy of artillery.

Mako: At least they don't shoot at us. I am going back to sleep.

Yukari: There really is nothing else to do until the attack happens.

Saori: Now Miho, are you going to tell us now?

This question caught me off guard and I quickly sat up straight and started to feel my face flush up.

Miho: Tell you what?

Yukari: The fact you have a boyfriend. Who is he and how long were you two together?

Mako: We know you have a boyfreind so there is no point in deneying it.

Miho: How did you find out?

Yukari: You left one of your backpack pouches open and Hana saw a locket in there. We opened the locket to see what's on their when we saw a secret compartment that held a photo of you and a boy.

Miho: I see...

Hana: We are sorry for going through your stuff but we needed to know if you were alright.

Miho: *sigh* Well I couldn't keep it a secret for long. Yes I do have a boyfriend, his name is George McClellan and we have been together for a little over a year by now.

Saori: The what was that picture?

Miho: That was us on our first date.

Yukari: Why did you have to keep this away from us?

I looked around us to make sure no one was eavesdropping on us and I turned back to the crew.

Miho: You all know my mother and sister are traditionalists right?

Saori: Of course we know that.

Yukari: But what does that have really anything to do with your relationship?

Miho: Well you see my boyfriend does senshado.

This made all their eyes go wide than Hana thought for a bit before opening her mouth.

Hana: Wait, is your boyfriend the commander of one of the American schools?

Miho: Yes...that is him.

Saori: Now it all makes sense.

Yukari: But why keep it from us?

Miho: It is not like I didn't trust you but if you tell it to one person how do you know if no one else hears it?

Saori: You can't...

Miho: Again I am so sorry for keeping this kind of information from you guys but I just don't want to split with him do to my own families preferences.

Yukari: It is ok Miho, we won't tell another soul.

Saori: Yeah, we are your friends. We will always stand beside you and I am sure the rest of the team will too.

Hana: Just promise us that you can trust us and we will trust you.

Miho: Thanks, all of you it really means a lot for you all to support me.

Kay: I will have to say that was unexpected.

The whole crew turned to see Kay, Darjeeling, Mika, Anchovy, Katyusha, and Kinuyo all sitting on top of the tank. 

Katyusha: Gotta hand it to you, you hid that relationship pretty well. The mighty Katyusha is impressed.

Miho: Guys....did you hear...

Darjeeling: Every word of it.

I just looked at her in shock but then Kay placed an arm on my shoulder and smiled again.

Kay: Don't worry, we won't tell anyone until you are ready.

Miho: Thank you everyone. Thank you all.