one.

"I'm not gon tell you again," Brix huffed out a cloud of smoke, looking at the trembling young man in front of him

"I'm not gon tell you again," Brix huffed out a cloud of smoke, looking at the trembling young man in front of him. "You got one mo' time to come back ta' me empty handed," he spoke in an eerily calm tone, frightening to most. He didn't even need to finish that sentence, because anyone who worked for Brix knew the outcome.

"I swea' Ima have it, Brix," the man said, visibly gulping.

"Don't tell me, go do 'dat shit," he said, and waved him off, watching him scurry out of the room.

"I woulda' offed his ass," his best friend, Grim, spoke.

"We know," Slim replied, popping her gum. "Hot headed ass nigga, das why we'on let yo ass make no damn decisions, we all be fucking dead inna dirt," she continued, making Nino laugh. Brix simply shook his head, inhaling again from his blunt. "What we got goin' on ta'day?" she wondered.

"Well now that that shit handled, we just finna ride around, checkin' them lil niggas onna block, you know they ass can't focus fa' shit," Brix replied. "Who comin'?" he asked, standing up straight. They all answered him at once and he just gave them a stale face until Grim stood up, like he always did, and they made their way out. He usually didn't even ask, because he and Grim were always the ones doing the riding.

"You drive," Brix mumbled, tossing him the keys, knowing he was too high to do so correctly. He got in the passenger seat of his car and leaned his seat back the way he liked as Grim started it. They rode around in silence at first, till Grim sparked a conversation.

"Slim say she still lookin fa' 'dat li'l nigga who stole," he spoke, making Brix chuckle bitterly. If it was one thing he hated it was a thief. He felt like he was pretty generous, especially with people's lives, but stealing from him was unforgivable, especially if he offered help.

As he was reviewing money made in the past month with Slim, they found a discrepancy that was too huge to be a coincidence. There were so many possibilities but after a specific man disappeared, Brix's suspicions were confirmed.

He wasn't as reckless with his gun as Grim was, but as soon as he felt taken advantage of or used, whoever made him feel that way needed to start counting their hours because once he found them their chances of survival were slim to none.

"Bring him ta' me when y'all do," he spoke.