nineteen.

"She his ex," Sevyn explained as they sat in Brix's living room

"She his ex," Sevyn explained as they sat in Brix's living room. They had all came back to his house after the function ended and Nana was finally getting some kind of answer. "They was togetha' from when he was 17 till he was almost 19. She did some grimy ass shit—and I beat the fuck out ha' ass. I ain' seen ha' in a li' minute, last I heard she stayed in Lafayette or maybe Baton Rouge I'on know, ," she rolled her eyes.

"Well...what'd she do?" Nana wondered. She had never once seen Yasir that mad—not even when they all almost got shot in Sev's backyard.

"I—well I'on think I should tell you, dats fa' him to tell, pooh," she sighed, glancing over at where Yasir and everyone else sat. Nana looked too, and as if he felt it, he looked over at her too. He still looked extremely irritated, so she just smiled wide at him. He stared back for a second before a smirk broke on his face, and he shook his head, turning away.

"Y'all so damn cute," Sev giggled. "You excited fa' y'all first Valentine's?" she tilted her head.

"Oh—that's soon?" she asked and Sevyn squinted her eyes like she was confused.

"Na'imah...it's tomorrow," she chuckled.

"Really?!" she gasped. "I ain' buy him anything," she whined. "What time is it?! Can we go to the sto'? Real quick, I'a give you gas money," she rushed out.

"Girl please, you'n gotta give me nothin', let's go," she smiled. As they got up, Sev grabbed her keys, alerting everyone in the room that they were on the move.

"Whea' y'all goin?" Grim asked, making them whip their heads in the direction of his voice.

"To mind our business, Cordell," Sev placed on her hip. "Why?"

"Get popped if you want," he chuckled.

"We jus' gon drive aroun', y'all in hea' bein boring," Nana huffed. "Y'all want somethin'?" she wondered and everyone seemed to believe that. Nino asked for some food—as he usually did. Brix waved her over with his finger. She gladly went to him, of course.

"Be safe," he mumbled to her, grabbing her face in his hand and kissing her twice.

"We will," she blushed, as he was kissing her in front of everybody, and she knew they were looking. "Text me if you want anything, okay?" she asked, and he nodded.

After that, they rushed out of the house to make it to the mall before 9.