twenty eight.

"I will love you anyway, even if you cannot stay

"I will love you anyway, even if you cannot stay. I think you are the one for me, here is where you ought to be" Na'imah sang quietly as she maneuvered around the kitchen, Yasir following close behind her. He loved this song, his grandmother used to sing it to him all the time when he was a kid.

"Oh sweet thing, don't you know you're my everything?" she continued, smiling to herself, because he just looked so happy hearing her sing. He always loved to hear it, but right now he didn't even want to even walk away.

Right now, Nino, Slim and Corinne were over and Na'imah was making dinner. At first, Yasir didn't want her doing anything but it was about a month since her surgery and she was determined to be on her feet and do something, she refused to hear Yasir's protests.

Sevyn's pregnancy had her exhausted and all she wanted to do was sleep, and she was doing just that at the moment. She told Na'imah if she was up for it she'd be over later—even though she saw Sev every day, Nana missed her.

"Sis you almost done?" Nino popped his head in the kitchen.

"Yes, Keon," she laughed. "Bae, go sit down," she pushed at his back. She had been wanting to talk to Keon since she recalled what he told her in the hospital.

"You'on need no help?"

"Ima make him help me, gon' head, get the girls too please,"

"Yes ma'am," he chuckled, leaving the two in the kitchen.

Nino eyed her suspiciously, as she places her hand on her hip, leaning on the counter, eyebrows raised. "The hell I do?"

"You like Kimmy!" she whisper yelled, slapping his arms. "You need ta' tell ha'! Keon how long have you liked dis girl?!"

"Aw shit, you really could hea' me huh?" he chuckled, nervously.

"Yes stupid," she laughed. "Don't ignore my question,"

"I mean...I liked ha' since prolly...what high school? Shit I'on rememba'. But it's been a long ass time," he shrugged, as she directed him to grab one of the pots.

"High school?! You need ta' say somethin'," she shook her head.

"Ta' dat mean ass girl?! Nigga she'a beat my ass," he laughed. Nana laughed as well, remembering the day Yasir said when she found somebody to handle her smart mouth he'd laugh. She didn't know if Yasir would be the one to do it, but she knew he really really liked her.

"It'll be okay. You just gotta get passed ha' smart mouth," she giggled. "But let's take dis food out, we gon talk,"

 "But let's take dis food out, we gon talk,"