twenty four.

Sevyn let out a heavy breath as the car pulled into the hospital parking lot, fighting the flashbacks

Sevyn let out a heavy breath as the car pulled into the hospital parking lot, fighting the flashbacks. It had been five days since Na'imah got shot, and Sevyn was a wreck. She had barely been able to sleep, she couldn't eat, she was crying constantly.

"Baby, you gon be okay? I ca' take it up thea'," Grim moved her hair from her face as she stared off into the distance, eyeing the exact spot she pulled into when she brought Nana here.

"No, I got it," she muttered. "I-I wanna see Nana,"

"Okay mama," he sighed. He wanted to see Nana too, but he had work to do. Everyone had work to do. "I love you, Ima be back hea' lata' on,"

"I love you," she sniffed, getting out of the car. She waved to the receptionist, whom she'd seen everyday for the past five days. She rode the elevator up to her floor, blowing out another huge breath as it ascended. She made it to the floor, walking quickly to the end of the hallway to Na'imah's room.

"I'm here," she announced to Brix who was in his usual place next to Na'imah, holding her hand. She knew he was looking, but he couldn't bear looking at him in his eye. "I brought yo' clothes and some Chinese food fa' you," she mumbled.

Everyone had been on shifts, bringing Yasir clothes and food to the hospital because he refused to leave. He didn't want to be away from her for more than ten minutes at a time, just in case. If they came to see Na'imah, he'd usually take the liberty of letting them have some time with her—but he was right back when they left.

Even though she wouldn't know if she was or not, he didn't want Na'imah to be alone.

He thanked her, and went into the bathroom to change and freshen up, and Sevyn dragged her chair up next to Nana's bed.

"H-hey babygirl," Sev took a shaky breath, holding her hand. "I-I miss you, a lot. I know—I know I say that everyday but I really do miss you, Na'imah. I hope you wake up soon, and-and I hope you can talk ta' us, we been missin' your voice," she continued to talk, sounding dangerously close to tears the entire time. "I love you Nana, I hope you know that and I'm so sorry I didn't get to you sooner," she expressed.

Guilt had been eating at Sevyn for days, she felt deep down that she could have been to Na'imah sooner, she could have helped her. She wouldn't have lost so much blood, she wouldn't have died on the table—she may not have even gotten shot.

That guilt kept her from talking to Brix, they barely spoke. He was barely speaking as it is, but other than announcing her presence, she couldn't talk to him, and she couldn't look him in his eye.

After he came from the bathroom, Brix gave Na'imah a kiss on her forehead before he prayed over his food and started eating outside of her room so Sev could have some time with her.