seventeen.

"When you comin back?" Nana sighed into the phone, twirling her hair between her fingers

"When you comin back?" Nana sighed into the phone, twirling her hair between her fingers. "I'm bored and my baby sleep,"

"Ima be thea' soon, bae. Gutta sleep already? How far you walked my boy?" he chuckled.

"Not that far! Him just sleepy, right baby?" she cooed, patting his big head. "I miss you," she pouted. She hadn't really seen him all day, he'd been out since the morning. She remembered when he first brought her to stay with Grim and Sev, and he said he was never home—it wasn't a lie.

"I miss you too, princess. You want me ta' leave now? I'a leave an' come get you," he offered. She found herself smiling at the nickname he called her. It was one of many, but it was possibly her favorite. That's exactly how he made her feel, like a princess.

"Yes please," she grinned.

"Aight, I'a be thea' in ten," he told her. She told him okay and rushed to get ready, because when he said ten minutes—he meant five.

It was now February, and weeks had gone by since everything happened, and everything was smooth sailing. Cori had gotten her own apartment, and was breathing much easier, since her burden was gone. Brix was also much less tense, she could see it.

"Bye lil man," Nana cooed to Gutta, as she went to the door to see Brix. She made sure to lock up, and practically skipped to his car. "Hi, papa," she cheesed.

"Wassam," he chuckled, leaning over to kiss her. He didn't realize how easily he'd do what she said until a few minutes ago. He was literally in the middle of something and had everyone looking at him like he was crazy when he got up at her wish to see him. "Whatchu wanna go do?"

"Whateva' you wanna do, I jus' was missin' you," she said timidly, making him smile genuinely.

"You fuckin' cute," he chuckled, laying his hand on her thigh, starting to drive off. "You ready fa' ya drivers test?" he wondered. She nodded eagerly. Na'imah had done her 14 hour class instead of driving school—since she was 20, and she was very eager to get her drivers license.

She didn't have a car, but she was excited nonetheless.

"I'm kinda scared, what if my instructor mean or sum? Sev tol' me ha' lady was real rude and failed ha' the first time fa' nothin',"

"We ca' beat em the fuck up—I hate rude ass people, especially fa' no reason. Let them people be rude ta' you," he fussed. She found it so cute and attractive when he went on about her like this. She was always protected with him whether that be physically or mentally.

"It's okay Yasir," she giggled. "I'm sure they'll be nice,"

"Yeah, they gon be "