nine.

One Month

One Month.

"Hi my Imah," Sev sang as Na'imah got in the front seat of her sleek white Benz. Instead of Yasir, Sevyn was picking her up from school, he was busy, plus she wanted to have a girls day with Na'imah.

"Hey Sev," Na'imah grinned. It'd been two months now since she started living with Sev and Grim, and if either of them were asked, she was improving so much. She talked more, smiled a lot, she was regularly visiting her parents graves, and felt free to talk about them so her emotional weight was lifted. Sometimes she'd still have night and trouble sleeping but it wasn't as frequent.

"How was class Angel face?" Sev's soft voice asked as she turned down the music while they headed towards their favorite place to get po'boys.

"Fine," she shrugged. "I got book work, no photos,"

"Dats borin'" Sev scrunched her nose up. "I see you ain' been pickin ya' lashes, pooh! I'm glad, I was getting' ti'ed fussin wit' you," she said jokingly. Sevyn was a lash technician, part time. Whenever she wanted extra money in her pocket, and didn't want to bother Grim, she took clients for three straight weeks and was satisfied working from her rented suite and stacking her money.

She recently convinced Na'imah to get a classic set, nothing dramatic like the ones she did on herself—and forced Slim to get, and she loved it. She had a bad picking problem though, and constantly had to be reminded to stop touching her face.

"Yeah, they cute, I wanna keep em long." She nodded. "You had a good day?" Na'imah asked.

"Yeah, I had a few clients. Girls gettin' ready fa' thanksgivin' and allat," she explained. "Speakin' of, we need ta' start assignin' food, I'a be damned if they make me cook everything," she rolled her eyes, making Na'imah laugh.

"I'a help you. We could make it together," Na'imah suggested.

"Aww yes, we should, because them niggas lazy, can't cook worth a damn. All a shame, chile," she shook her head and they both laughed.

"Baby I tol' his ass he betta let me go or I'm beatin his ass," Sev told Na'imah a story of her first high school fight

"Why you was always fightin' Sev?" Na'imah laughed, eating a fry.