fifteen.

Na'imah came back inside, shivering, thankful for the warmth of Brix's home

Na'imah came back inside, shivering, thankful for the warmth of Brix's home. She had just come back from walking Gutta, and it was freezing.

"We not goin' outside no more," she huffed, taking her chestnut uggs that Brix got her off. "I hope you tired," she chuckled as Gutta circled around his bed before plopping down in it.

Brix was still sleeping—thankfully. It was only 10, and he didn't have anything to do today, so she left him to sleep in, while she took care of some things around the house. She found that she enjoyed showing him she cared for him by doing things for him—and he loved it.

She had not only walked Gutta, she started his laundry, and she was about to start making him food. She did all these things her whole life, but for him it didn't feel like servitude, and he never got mad at her if she wasn't feeling up to it some days. She was happy to do it for Yasir.

It'd been a while since Yasir's incident and their discussion. She made sure to keep a diligent eye on Yasir, not overbearing, but just enough to where she could tell if he was having an off day or not. His face was always the same, so that wasn't his tell.

He was still not as open with his emotions but it was much better now, because he had nowhere to escape to now that he got rid of all his pills. He actually had to express—in his own way. Which was typically being very clingy with her. He was typically the type to hold her, hug and kiss her, but if he was having a bad day he'd want those things done to him.

"Good mornin'" she heard his voice rumbling through the room, turning her head in his direction.

"Good mornin'," she grinned. "You sleep good?" she turned her body fully to see him in pajama pants that hung low off his waist, showing he wasn't wearing anything underneath, causing her eyes to linger a little longer than they should.

"Yeah," he responded simply. She had come to realize that he wasn't at all a morning person, since he started sleeping, he was very cranky upon waking up.

She remembered the first time he slept 8+ hours, he woke up extremely dazed and confused, like his body didn't know what was going on. It was like seeing a baby wake up from a nap.

She watched him as he walked over to the open space she kept all the pain killers and her mind immediately went on alert.

"Yasir, whatchu' doin?" she basically ran over to him before he could grab one.

"Jus' gettin' a tylenol, bae," he furrowed his eyebrows.

"I-I can get it fa' you, jus' go head an' relax. You said hi ta' your son?" she narrowed her eyes at him, trying to distract him from the fact that she just did that.

"Nah, not yet," he chuckled. "You good, Nana? I could get it, I jus' got a headache," he said and she nodded quickly.

"I'll bring it," she told him, and after eyeing her for a moment, before nodding and walking off to the front room. She breathed a sigh of relief once he was gone, and took out for him, before pouring him water and making his plate.