twenty three.

"Nana?" Sevyn called out entering the dark suite, confused

"Nana?" Sevyn called out entering the dark suite, confused. "Na'imah whea' you at?!" she yelled at the sight of the shattered glass everywhere.

She was immediately on alert, trying to flip the lights on, being made aware that the electricity was cut. She tiptoed around, looking for any sign of Na'imah or anyone. She started to panic, and her movements became quicker until she slipped, and fell knee first into glass.

"Shit! What the fuck..." she mumbled, turning the flashlight on her phone on, seeing the blood all over the floor, leading up to her best friend's body splayed out on the wooden floor, basically surrounded in a pool of her own blood.

She felt a scream leave her throat and pierce the air before she scrambled up, rushing over to Na'imah immediately checking her pulse.

"Come on, Nana," she said shakily, feeling around her arm. "Thank you! Okay-okay Ima get you outta here babygirl I promise, I swear you gon be okay," she cried, trying to lift Na'imah—which wasn't successful. "Shit! I'm so sorry baby,"

She wiped across her face to rid herself of tears, pulling her by her arms, dragging across the floor, through the broken shards and pieces of glass her toward the back door, where her car was parked.

"Wh-who did this to you?!" Sev spoke to no one in particular, heaving Na'imah into the backseat of her Benz. Her mind was on go, she didn't have time to think of anything else but keeping her alive, she had to keep her alive.

She hopped in her front seat, immediately speeding off to the nearest hospital, thankful she knew this city like the back of her hand.

Sev ducked and dodged through traffic, speeding though lights and ignoring the horns blaring around her. Her other hand was securely holding Na'imah's, terrified she'd never get to see her eyes open again.

"Y-yas—Yasir," Sev heard, followed by two loud coughs.

"Sh, shh! Ima get you ta' him baby i promise, j-just stay wit' me, Na'imah. Don't close yo eyes, Nana!" she called to her.

"I—I c-ca—an't,"

"Try! You gotta try mama," she felt her throat form a lump before looking in the rearview, seeing Na'imah's eyes roll into her head. "Fuck!" she banged her hand on the wheel.

Then she remembered Yasir. She had to call him.

She shakily grabbed her phone, dialing his number as tears fell rapidly down her cheeks and she tried to gather herself as much as possible.

"Wassam?" Brix answered, with a yawn.

"Yasir! I'm—I—she's," she began hyperventilating, and on the other end of the line, Yasir's eyebrows furrowed. Grim looked at him confused, they were together now, in the backyard.