thirty-eight.

"

".Dis one is nice, Papa," Nana gasped, walking into the master bedroom of the house they were touring that day. It'd been about a month since they decided to start looking for their new home together and so far they couldn't decide on one together.

"You like it fa'real?" he asked, surprised. They had both liked houses before this one, but this is the first one they liked at the same time. They hadn't disagreed on any part of the house that wasn't fixable.

There was a studio for Nana that was much bigger than her current one, there were four bedrooms, including the master. There were three full bathrooms and one half, a large kitchen with stainless steel appliances—which seemed new. The realtor they were working with let them know that the home had been recently renovated and Nana was in love, personally.

Their realtor was a nice young black woman—Yasir didn't want to deal with anyone older, they were always far too curious about his profession and what he to be able to afford things, and one thing Yasir hated was for people to ask him too many questions. He felt as if they were trying to get information from him, and that was the last thing he needed.

"Yes, I really like it, baby," Nana grabbed his hand and laced her fingers with his. "Do you? Does it have everything you want?" she wondered as they came downstairs from the master, where their agent was sitting, looking over some papers.

"Mhm, I'an really want nun' specific, as long as we got a bathroom in our room and a room fa' my Goddaughter," he nodded. The last few had all of those things, but something about them just didn't feel right, but this one did.

The location wasn't far from where Grim and Sev lived, but was also closer to Nino's place. Which was good, because as it stood now, Nana and Brix lived the farthest away from everyone. There was a big backyard for Gutta and Bam—and the new puppy Na'imah was currently trying to convince Brix that they should get.

She had no idea what breed she wanted, but she knew she wanted another dog. Brix, obviously, thought she was out of her mind, but he entertained her for now.

"You wanna do this?" he looked down at her and she grinned, nodded, making him smile as well. As long as it was what she wanted he was willing to do whatever, pay whatever and give whatever it was that would make her happy.

"I really do. I love it, I could see us being here for a long time, Papa," she said.

"Yeah," he nodded, looking around. "I can too,"

 "I can too,"