Six

Our dinner conversation had been mostly about his newfound friends, both of them just as excited to meet him as he is to meet them, the three of them going so far as to exchange phone numbers so they don't have to bother with logging into the chat room every time they want to chat with each other, the pictures and memes they've exchanged apparently what he's been chuckling at when not distracted by his almost heat... 

And even now that we've moved on to starting our bedtime routine- both of us needing to turn in relatively early so we can wake up on time tomorrow, his quiet giggles as he fills me in on his new friends are absolutely cherished, though I do have to try and physically keep myself from flinching when I get roped into agreeing to meet his new friends and their mates for breakfast after resting from the eighteen-hour drive... But I agree because for once he's excited to have made new friends that can actually relate to what it means to be mated to an Alpha, though their experience might be a little different from his because of my timber genetics. 

"Oh! Daddy, look! Aurie sent me a selfie of him and Babybug!" His exclamation comes pushed through a mouth full of foamed toothpaste, his toothbrush hanging from his cheek as he takes a moment to text them back, the text saying that, of course, we would send a picture back, his little wiggle dance while perched up on the bathroom counter maybe the most adorable thing I've ever seen as he expands the picture and holds up his phone so I can see.

...

Adrian

...

"Is his name really Babybug? And they look like nice people, Princess. Which one is which so I don't mess up?" I can hear the light strain backing Silas's voice after he spits his toothpaste out, and I know it's only because the thought of being trapped at the conference surrounded by so many people has been giving him anxiety, and even though I thought maybe if we felt like we had friends already waiting for us there he'd feel better he's still struggling to fight the instinct to snap me up and hide us away in the woods somewhere they won't be able to track us down. 

"His name is Cricket, but he said I can call him Babybug because Aurie does and the three of us are going to try and spend a lot of time together when we can." Which also means that he'll be spending a lot of time with them too, "But you can call him Cricket if you don't want to... And he's the Native American one, Aurie is the albino Korean. At least I'm pretty sure." I wait until I spit out my own minty foam before answering him, a curt nod being given as he chews through the information and puts names to faces... Pretty faces... 

Both of them look like they've been airbrushed to perfection like models on magazines, and as Daddy cuddles me close when I ask him to so that I might snap a selfie of our own after tugging my tiara off and setting it next to me on the counter... The first picture of the two of us together... I know that it's perfect because it's the two of us, and Silas looks handsome even crouching down to get in the frame resting his chin on my shoulder while he slips his arms around my waist... But I feel like I'm lacking... Like I should be more attractive... Because we look mismatched...  And I almost don't want to send it to them... That is until Silas slips my phone out of my hand and takes a few more, his angle different as he pulls me down from the counter from where I had situated myself sideways... The moment my feet touch the ground the phone is in front of me all curled into his side... And then one of us kissing... All of them immediately being texted to his phone, his eyes intense when he urges me to meet them, "I like the way we look together, Addy... Don't ever think you aren't ten times beautiful as everyone else, Babe."

His lips are so soft when they find mine, the kiss gentle and full of minty freshness as his lips move against mine, "See how good that is? Not mismatched at all, Bean... Not at all."

He lets me take the moment I need to bask in his love... And the fact that he took those pictures because he wanted them for his own phone makes me so flustered and grateful that my sweet man can see the beauty in me even when I sometimes can't find it for myself... My phone being slipped back into my hands for me to chose which picture I want to send to my new friends, the first one I took of us being selected because it's my favorite other than the kissing one when I scroll through... Because it's plain as day that the two of us are trying so hard not to look at each other in it... And we look happy, even though my curls are crazy and we look like exactly what we're doing... Loving each other and the life that we've started building together... And I don't need the smiley face and heart emojis that immediately get sent back in response to validate that. 

The only person I ever need to think I'm beautiful does... And at the moment he seems very content to smother me to death in a hug while whispering to me that I need to say goodnight to my new beans while guiding me to bed so we can cuddle, phones not welcome in the bed when it's cuddle time other than to put an audiobook on, the app we use for bedtime designed to stop after only a single chapter, and if we aren't sleepy afterward, normally we just cuddle and Daddy will just keep playing with my hair the way I love him to until we both drift off all snuggled up and warm with each other. 

"Is everything ready for tomorrow? You finished packing?" Daddy questions as he helps me climb onto our bed, his hands pausing me only long to gently ease out my pink plug and shutting it off before he pulls the one we've been using for bedtime off of the washcloth that it's resting on from when it was drying like it does after we wash it in the mornings.

Daddy makes sure he lubes it well, my slick having slowed down quite a bit from earlier, though at this point it never truly stopping anymore with how intense my craving for him has been lately, and the thick toy gets pushed into me with slow intent, Daddy still overly-cautious of accidentally hurting my behind, not that I can fault him for wanting to be careful with me... The prospect of not healing before going into heat had been terrifying....Especially having been warned that the first heat after finding my mate would be a touch more intense than normal because there would finally be someone there to satisfy it... Just the thought of going through a normal heat without my Daddy by my side is too much for me to imagine... But as I feel the base of my bedtime plug finally slip into place I put those horrible thoughts out of my mind and instead find my hips wiggling themselves in front of Daddy's face, a fond spank coming my way just like every night, the squeeze his hand gives my bottom ever appreciated as he urges me to scoot to my side and get comfy so I can watch him as he walks back to the bathroom leaving me to get our audiobook ready while he washes my pink plug, the bathroom door being left open so I don't panic, the smile on Daddy's face as he cleans the toy we both love so much one that makes my heart warm and has me patting his spot on the bed to beckon him back to it. 

He takes a moment to dry his hands before bringing his sexy butt back to me, the toy being placed on the washcloth to dry as he climbs in next to me, my finger pressing play on the book before I lean over to my own nightstand and plug it in, both of our phones having had the alarms set for four in the morning so we can be up and out of the house at a decent time, Daddy wanting to try and make the trip there a straight shot so we don't have to stress out any more than we have to about strangers not sensing his need for a wide birth. 

"What was the last chapter? The genie-"

"He wants to run away with the vampire but the vampire said they can't because family is important."