Twenty

"What's up?" I hadn't been sure how to ask Harper to wait for a minute so I can question just how much he's managed to figure out about me being different and how he's managed to figure it out after my sweet Princess promised me twice that he wouldn't ever say anything to anyone about me being a Timber without asking me for permission first... So, in the end, it was Adrian who managed to reach out and tug on the back of the other Alpha's shirt before he has a chance to follow his mate and friends into the family suite they had managed to book for their stay.

I've never had an issue meeting anyone's eyes before, but there is just something about looking into the flat green of Harper's that's a little unnerving, and I can't help but wonder why it seems that his iris's are guarding so many secrets as he waits for one of us to speak after bidding Cricket and the others to go ahead and get comfortable so the three of us out here could have a minute, "You- How did you know?"

...

Adrian

...

At first, I almost think that the two of us are going to have to elaborate when I manage to ease my eyes up enough to catch most of Harper's face, careful as always to avoid his eyes like I had been taught to growing up... But it seems that he was only taking as long as he had in order to figure out his phrasing, "That you are a Timberwolf? When I left my father's pack it was a Timber that took me in. He let me stay in exchange for watching his house when he needed to leave... And you looked like you needed to leave just now." 

I hadn't really had the time or the right frame of mind to really appreciate Harper's light accent in the dining room but in the relatively quiet hallway my ears pick on something Babybug has mentioned time and time again as being one of the many things he loves about his man and I can understand why with how pleasant it is as he further elaborates and puts our nerves at ease, "Do not think it's obvious. It's not. If I had not known Samuel I would not have noticed at all I think. And I won't say anything about it to the others... None of them will complain over not having to eat in the dining room anyway. It's so loud."

Just like that the kind wolf gives a shrug of his broad shoulders before turning and opening the door so that he might usher us inside, Silas stiffening when we get wrapped up in the smell of the wolves that the spacious two-room suite belongs to at the moment before he forces his body to relax as he keeps his arms around my waist while we walk... It's a little awkward, but it's so endearing that he feels the need to be close to me in order to soothe his nerves, which is exactly how I feel about him. 

...

Silas

...

We get nothing but smiles when we finally join the others, Lukas currently in the works of what sounds to be ordering a brunch of some kind and firmly pushing the need for whoever handles the food from making it all the way to wheeling it here on the dolly to wear gloves to avoid leaving any scent of themselves on the food, we are offered nothing but smiles.

The small living space in the middle of the room having been occupied with Aurie and Cricket, the latter of which pops up from his place sprawled out on the couch like a heathen the moment he realizes that his mate has finally joined him in the room so that he might give Harper a hug the same way I know my sweet Baby would pop up and greet me if we ever actually manage to separate from each other. 

It's a little hard letting Adrian pull me so that we might follow the two of them as Cricket draws his own Alpha to the couch so that he might sprawl out on top of him instead of all of the cushions while Aurie continues to scroll through whatever it is on his phone while Lukas finishes up his endeavor to get us all something a little better than what we had all picked apart in the dining room, all of us coming to the same consensus that the cold scrambled eggs and sad looking pancakes really hadn't been something any of us were actually interested in bringing back to the room with us because of how little appeal they could offer even if we had taken the time to zap them in the microwave. 

...

Adrian

...

It makes me smile to watch as Lukas sits himself right down on the floor next to Aurie where he's set up camp in front of the coffee table only to pull the albino Bean right into his lap for a nuzzle and a cuddle, the PDA something that they hadn't showcased in the dining room, same as Cricket and Harper... And it goes a long way to making both me and Silas feel a little bit less on display with how much we need to touch each other, especially right now as Daddy tries so hard to get his wolf to finally recognize that we are with only friends right now instead of surrounded by strangers as we had been a few minutes ago... The poor beast trying so hard to urge my sweet Daddy to toss me over his shoulder and run as far as we can away from this packed pack-run hotel and not stop until we finally make it home where it's safe and no one will bother us. 

I never really understood just how much being around people bothered him... Not that I didn't know he preferred only my company to that of being around our friends and family... But I've also never seen him around people he wasn't already mostly comfortable around... And it makes so much click for me... Like how he always seems to know exactly what I need when I'm anxious... It's because his anxiety might actually be worse than mine.