Seven

Adrian doesn't wake up to our alarms... But I don't really expect him to. My Sweet Bean is typically a heavy sleeper, especially after waking me up four times last to take care of his perfectly needy body... Nope. Whereas the night had left me feeling refreshed and much more willing to face the prospect of the looming conference that would start in just two days and the long drive ahead of us with a smile on my face. 

It's so cute watching him curl up in the warm spot that I've left on the bed in order to get dressed and get everything ready to go, no need to really wake him up so early when he won't be the one driving, breakfast to be grabbed on the road so we won't have to worry about any dishes sitting in the sink for a week and a half while we're gone, two days allotted for travel, and then a cushion of two days to pad the trip so it won't feel like we're being rushed. No... Instead, I let my sweet Mama get his rest as I pack the car, my eyes always eager to check on him as I stride back and forth putting the bags in the car before grabbing the backpack he had designated for road trip snacks and take it to his snack cabinet to pull out the favorites he hadn't thought to grab like his peanut butter cups, and the almonds he's taken to snacking on lately before tossing his collection of daily vitamins and supplements along with his headache, anxiety, and sleeping medication just in case. When I'm done, I sling the bag over my shoulder before I snag the cooler my sweet Bean had set out on the counter before dumping the entirety of our ice maker into it and grabbing the drinks that had been bought for the road and the veggies that had been thoughtfully prepared, the celery sticks coming complete with a jar of organic peanut butter next to them instead of on the counter so it wouldn't be forgotten... He had been making so many healthy choices lately to make sure that his body is completely ready to shelter our future child and I couldn't be prouder of all of the reading he's been doing on the topic to figure out how to navigate the tricky waters of male pregnancy... Most of the books coming with us in the entertainment bag he had packed to keep himself occupied for the eighteen-hour drive surrounded by a few fiction novels, a whole mess of yarn meant to finally finish the matching pink sweaters he's been making us, a new, smaller one now completing the set for when our little bundle of joy when they're ready to join the world... And I can't wait for the three of us to wear them together...

I can't keep the smile off my face as I shut the cooler and carry it and the snack pack to the truck and set the cooler behind the driver seat next to the suitcase that's resting behind the passenger side where my Angel would be able to reach it nice and easy before setting the bag of snacks up front next to the cute activity bag my tender mate had put together before finally heading back inside and doing one last walkthrough before pushing my way back into our room, the last thing needed in order for us to be ready to head out being my sleepy Luna himself... And holy shit is it adorable when he blinks his drowsy eyes at me in confusion as to why it's both so early and so much later than we wanted to get up.

...

Adrian

...

"Hey, Princess... Time to get up, Sweetie." Daddy is so gentle with the way his knuckles stroke my cheek, my hands coming up to hold his hand against my face so I can nuzzle the back of it just a little before he pulls it away so he can lean over me and press a kiss to my lips so tender it brings a tear to my eye and makes me want to cling to him.

"I woke up late, Daddy..." Because there is no way that it's so light outside at five in the morning, and the alarm clock is most definitely not what woke me up from one of the most beautiful dreams... the two of us playing with our nugget...

Though I don't mind this reality... Not with the way Daddy smiles at me so gently as he sits me up in order to tug the shirt I had chosen to sleep in up over my head, replacing it with my favorite sweater, the faded pink one that will be retired after I finish the ones meant to make our little family look all cute and matchy... I know what to expect next, my body turning around of its own volition so I can offer my bum up to Silas so he can slide my panties off without too much work before pulling out my nighttime butt plug and wash it before he comes back with a warm wet washcloth to freshen me up, a new pair of panties in hand- my favorite pair being the pink satin one with bows on each hip that always make me feel pretty, a helping hand guiding my descent from the bed and steadying me long enough so I can step into them before stepping into the unicorn pajama bottoms Daddy had picked out for me, his black t-shirt and pink sweatpants clearly picked out so he can match my outfit just a little and make me smile with the cuteness of seeing him wear the sweatpants he had bout specifically to make me giggle. 

When I finally get my pants up and knotted so they stay on my steadily widening hips I turn myself in Daddy's arms until I can hug him, his arms wrapping around me for just a moment before he scoops me up and carries me into the bathroom so we can both relieve ourselves and I can brush my teeth before we grab what apparently is the last thing that needs to be put in the car, our shared bathroom bag, and our phones and charges, and Silas takes me by the hand while we slip our shoes on and slip out to the truck, Silas having brought it up to the front door so he could get it ready for our trip... 

A smile shared between the two of us as he slips it the bathroom bag in the back before helping me climb up and get comfy before Daddy being ever the gentleman in his tight black t-shirt buckles me in with a kiss before shutting my door with a soft, "I love you, Princess." being pressed into my cheek before he abandons me to walk over to the driver side and climb in himself, his hand finding the mark on my leg through my pajama pants and giving it a squeeze before he lets it slide to my knee and settle there after throwing the truck into gear...