Eighty Two

There isn't any hesitation on my end to continue going once the elevator doors actually open, and it takes no effort at all to tip Addy's head to the other side so I can find another spot on his opposite shoulder to wrap my teeth around... Only to have him whimper while a throat clears behind me...

Normally, I'd just turn and press the button for the doors to close so we can take just a few moments more so my sweet Princess can collect himself a bit and bring himself to a steadier place in his clouds after skyrocketing only to start to fall from being discovered... But when I turn around I'm confronted with Pop and a very red in the face Alic... Both of them with their eyes trained on us as though they absolutely did just hear my sweet Mama's moan and see the way his eyes glaze over every time I engrave another mark into his sensitive flesh... And the fact that it's the two of them that have seen it makes me freeze when I turn with the intention of closing the doors for a minute... 

...

Adrian  

....

I didn't think it was possible to not find this situation horrifying... Because it is...  But also still have my body want Daddy to continue what he was about to do by marking the other side of my throat, even in front of my father in law and the man who has been thirsting after me at the front of the conference room all week leaves me confused and struggling to make sense of things while I try and figure out why Silas's Dad and Alic won't look away... Why they keep staring at us and blinking as though the two of them can't believe we couldn't make it back to the room before starting in on each other... But Alic isn't mated to my knowledge, and I already know that Silas's Dad doesn't necessarily cherish his Mom very much... 

I almost don't even care that the two of them are still staring at us slack-jawed over the fact that we were absolutely about to make a mess out of the elevator... I almost don't even care that they saw my face just now when I came... Or if they stick around to watch me make that face again as long as I get to curl my toes and moan for Daddy the way I still very much need to despite the fact that we aren't actually alone. 

There isn't much I can do to help the situation, but unwrapping myself from around Daddy is a start, though when my feet touch the ground I'm not entirely sure I can support my own weight, and my knees try and buckle just enough for me to still need to lean on Silas for support... Something that isn't well-received by any of the Alphas within arms reach of me...

The second my knees buckle it seems like all hell breaks loose, and the growls that nearly bring me to my knees don't come from Daddy... They come from a very frustrated Alic as he tries to step towards us only to find himself pulled into the quickest headlock I've ever seen in my life by my father in law... 

It all happens so fast that I'm not even sure if my eyes processed it correctly... Alic reaching out to grab me and my father in law lunging for him... The way the growls had started so quickly as he thrashes against my father-in-law's hold trying to reach me so his beast can drive him to do god knows what to me because his wolf wants to breed whoever is in heat... 

Which is exactly what Silas's Dad had tried to warn us about a few days ago... That someone was going to snap and that I wouldn't be safe... And I sure as hell do not feel safe with the way Alic's eyes aren't human anymore as he snarls and snaps and tries to buck himself out of the restraining hold that is the only thing keeping him off of me at the moment...

As unexpected as it is for him to step in and not let Alic attack me while his head is all fuzzy from my pheromones, I don't have a chance to stop and dwell on it because I have to somehow find the strength to keep Silas from shifting and going after the man.

...

Silas

...

It's bad enough that Alic has been doing nothing but undressing my mate from the front of the conference room all damn week... The shifter that once upon a time would have been the king of us all is nothing more than a creep who doesn't want to keep his eyes and apparently his hands to himself, and the only thing that's stopping me from taking a swing at him is the fact that Adrian has planted himself very firmly in front of me with both of his hands splayed on my chest, his thoughts all a repeated mantra reminding me to be nice... That Alic's reaction is only because he's unmated and that once his head clears he'd be apologizing to us all instead of doing his best to try and pull himself away from Pop's hold, his eyes wide and bloodshot as he stares at Adrian right in front of him unable to touch.  

I didn't like him at the beginning of the week and I sure as hell don't like him now... But if Dad hadn't been here and I had still been frozen he might have actually been able to grab Addy... He might have had his hands somewhere on the love of my life while he's in such a vulnerable state   

And that absolutely is not okay.