Twenty Five

"I think it's really strange that Kelvin won't even budge on something like this. It's not like he isn't up Jared's ass sideways every time we see them... Are they going to separate like the rest of us?"Aurie and Cricket had had no problem picking up the conversation right where it had left off, and this time instead of being distressed like I was and still am, they seem a bit angry over the issue, and it feels good to know that I'm not being as big of a baby as I thought I was... They don't see our need to be constantly together weird... Not one single bit.  

"A-Are they really?"  I'm trying to stay focused on the conversation... But now that we've moved poolside I can't seem to keep my mind on the actual conversation because I can't stop staring at my friends and their mates... I hadn't expected what we had found when we ventured back out of our room after changing into our respective swim trunks, Daddy stopping us only to pull one of his t-shirts over my head with what I think might be the most protective and possessive look on his face that I've ever seen, let alone that's been aimed in my direction... It had stolen my breath away knowing that he thinks I'm pretty enough to worry about other people looking at me, and the glow is still burning brightly in my belly even now. 

Cricket... Harper... And Lukas... All of them had on normal swim trunks in various prints- Harper's shorts covered in hot red hearts, Lukas's trunks green and printed to look like blades of seaweed... Cricket's being bright yellow with smiley faces being the cutest of the three of them... But Aurie... Aurie had joined us poolside in maybe the prettiest skirted bikini I've ever seen... The baby pink of the two-piece standing out so brightly against his skin making all of him look so soft... And not just as in his skin is soft... But that all of him is soft... Like he should be sitting on a mound of flower petals instead of sharing the pool lounger next to ours with Cricket, the two of them sitting facing us.

It had been completely unexpected to find him dressed up in such a fashion, the coverup that he had worn with it still twisted carefully over him to help keep the sun off of his pale shoulders, no explanation given or asked for, and none needed. I don't think that his swimsuit would look half as good on someone else as it does on him and that if it makes him feel pretty he should wear it... Because it's not that different than me wearing panties... And just like how Silas seems to enjoy the image of that, Lukas seems to have no reservations of getting himself an eyeful of his petite mate.

They had all insisted that they understood if we needed to go lay down, but Silas had actually perked up at the thought of finally being outside for a little while, the thought of confining ourselves to the room completely overwhelming to his wolf making the open-air pool seem like the perfect kind of relief even if there are a few other people here with us, though they seem content to stay over on the deep end...

So I had resisted my urge to withdraw and hide under the covers with Daddy for the rest of the day, the reminder to myself that he most likely will be too stressed to even want to mess around a little bit taking away some of the draw that our rented room has... And that's okay. Under the newest batch of stress, it seems that my hormones have evened themselves out finally... Or at least, they calmed down a bit... It's easier to sit still now and focus my energy on trying to keep my sweet mate from losing his mind or fulfilling his promise to shift and bite the next person to startle him with a loud noise... Something that would end well for no one. 

...

Silas

...

I hadn't expected the others to want to try and help, but as the conversation continues it seems as though my sweet Baby's friends want to try and sway Kelvin's elusive mate Jared to try and make his Alpha see the obvious sense in letting my sweet Bean and I staying together...

I just need to be able to hold him... If they let me hold him I'll be able to sit still and pay attention... I'll actually be able to focus on whatever the hell we're supposed to be focusing on instead of worrying that he'll get hurt somehow or finally go into heat without me there to take care of him... And to keep him from having a panic attack, especially having been shown exactly how it feels...

Even now I don't think that if Adrian would turn to me and tell me to go away and leave him alone that I would be able to... I haven't even suggested the two of us even attempting to separate since the sink debacle what seems like forever ago. We had only wanted to practice being separated for short periods of time so we could do things like be in separate rooms from one and other at home... Not to be separated from each other in some strange hotels filled with strange sights and smells in a strange state that is entirely too hot with air that feels too thick... 

They want me to let my sweet boy be away from my side in a place where alligators are actually a real threat if one were to wander out of.... Wherever it is alligators actually make themselves at home... And where it seems people have no concept of keeping their eyes to themselves, more than one nosey wolf likely trying to peep on Aurie and Cricket having to be frightened off by a well-placed growl to keep them from encroaching on our space, the distance between the two celebrities and the mother of my future children too close to be allowing random strangers to approach at the moment for autographs without putting them in danger of my wolf lashing out... The sound that rumbles from my chest a whole tone deeper than the ones that follow with the intention of backing me up from Lukas and Harper themselves, the two of them having paused from splashing each other like little kids in the shallow end of the pool to back me up. 

"Daddy what if one of them actually wants to swim?"

"They can swim later."