Ninety Five

"You guys are really leaving right after we get dismissed? You don't think it would be easier to just get up early in the morning?" I know Cricket means well when he asks, but I almost can't stop myself from snorting over his response to Addy informing them that we couldn't meet them for dinner because hopefully we'll be gone before they're even able to order their evening meal.

"Well... It'll take us a minute or two to pack up... And Daddy said I could take a nap while he does it... So not right away right away... But we still won't be able to make it to dinner, Babybug... I wanna go home..." My sweet Bean talks with me holding a ketchup dipped french fry in front of his mouth before opening up so I can feed him his bite, my other hand entangled with his own over his belly as he leans against me sideways in my lap... My beautiful mate all blushy as he averts his eyes while he chews... His friends smiling and nodding in understanding as they do their best not to coo over him like they've wanted to do all morning because he's being so so cute...

"I get that. I can't wait to go home too... Cricket I miss the babies. We should bring them next time." When I look up as Aurie pipes up I catch him staring at us, his hauntingly pale blue eyes dropping down to stare at his plate looking so watery that for a moment I feel guilty being so obvious in our joy over the thought of Addy being pregnant already that I forgot that not everyone sitting at the table knows what it feels like to be hopeful the way we are... 

"Me too, Rie... Me too." Cricket does his best to soothe his bestie by reaching over and grabbing Aurie's hand to give it a squeeze and bring a smile to Aurie's pale lips before the conversation gets back on track, Addy's hand squeezing mine while he chews his bite thoughtfully before swallowing while he listens to Cricket continue, "But soon, we'll all be home... And the kids will have gotten into something, and all of us are going to wish we had another few days... I just hope they aren't being too much of a handful for Bastet and Jack."

As interesting as it is to listen in as Cricket launches into a story of how his brother's mate keeps the kids entertained by telling them grand tales through dancing and using the unique brand of magic that one only possesses by being born a Djinn I can't seem to stay focused, and instead find myself lost in the way my sweet Mama's eyes shine as he listens in, so caught up in the misadventures of Cricket, his kids, and their Uncles and gender neutral Auncles, his mind hoping that one day we'll be having misadventures just as fun... Though we'll be having to deal with a witches coven and a warlock with too much time on his hands instead of a Djinn and music careers to deal with...

It'll be different... 

But still just as amazing.

...

Adrian

...

"...And then by the time Bastet was finished the kids were covered in sand and the residue that gets left behind whenever something gets caught in the puffs of colored smoke and our bathtub has been stained tye-dye ever since and they are only allowed to do it outside...Though I have a feeling that when we get home at least one room with have been suspiciously vacuumed really well..." The bone dry expression that comes over Cricket's face as he finishes the story makes my eyes go wide for a second before all of us start to laugh, the way Harper rubs his temples making it so so so clear that he too knows exactly what they'll be coming home to just like Cricket does and I feel awful for laughing at their expense... But I can't wait to be in the same position...

I can't wait for our house to be that chaotic and full of laughter and family that loves us just as much as we love them... I want it so bad that it's actually making me a bit teary because I know that eventually, it's going to happen. After all, we are already on the road to trying... And we both already think that our first little Nugget is already growing inside my belly all safe and warm and it'll feel like it's taking forever for them to get here but eventually before we even know it little Sj will be here and all snuggled up in my arms with both of us ready to love them with our whole hearts and raise them up right... And I am so excited about it. I'm excited to hope that I'm pregnant and I just want our baby to be here already. 

...

Silas

...

I'm not surprised at the turn that Addy's thoughts take and it leaves me even more enchanted with him than ever before... 

The glow of his cheeks and the way he smiles up at me when I catch his eye... I look at him and feel the weight of him in my lap and I'm right there with him with not being able to wait for a full house and the pitter-patter of tiny feet running around terrorizing us with laughter and so much happiness that I won't ever remember what it was like to feel so sour towards everyone all the time... 

It's not that we can't wait to be happy... We're happy now as is... It's just that we can't wait to be even happier and share the journey of becoming parents together and raising a possible Alpha that might actually want to lead the pack when it's time for me to retire because they'll know that they'll always have a support system, even if our kids end up Timbers like me... They'll be prepared for it and understand the weight that comes with the position...

And maybe part of it is that I can't wait to prove to myself that I can and will be a good Dad.