Forty Eight

I had only glanced down for a single moment... And somehow I had ended up so enraptured in the way I found my sweet Princess curled into me that when he had lifted his pretty lips up to mine to steal a comforting kiss I hadn't been able to pull myself away from him... My hand had pulled itself away from his precious belly and found itself caressing his cheek so I can hold him right where I want him... Until a throat clears and we find ourself having to separate, a small whimper leaving my sweet boy when we're able to pull ourselves away from each other... 

Only to look up and find not just Alic staring at us while he tries to continue to read out the section we're covering at the moment... The significance of the hair outlined in this subsection... But that we also have the eyes of half the room watching us rather than looking down at the packets in front of them like they should be... Lukas clearing his throat not once but twice being what it takes to get everyone to refocus properly, ourselves somewhat included while my palm finds the soft warm belly of my beautiful mate making him shiver and tuck himself against me once more, his mouth finding one of the marks he's left in the crook of my neck so he can suck on it to comfort himself and distract me to no end. 

...

Adrian

...

It's not hard to notice that Silas isn't paying as much attention as he should be with the way he settles himself around me, the feel of his palm flexing over my belly one that makes me wish very much that we were alone right now... There shouldn't be anyone in the hallway right now, and the bathroom had certainly looked blessedly free from what I had been able to make out in the midst of my tears... But I know after a kiss like what we had just shared we're sure to still have some of the attention that should be more on the pamphlets that had been passed out in order for all of us to follow along and keep track of what's being discussed. 

It's hard to distract myself from the idea of us sneaking away and continuing what we had started earlier... But listening in on what Alic is saying certainly helps, the way his voice stretches out over some of his words when he's not sure of himself just as effective as ice water with how nervous he still sounds even just reading from the pack of papers that are right in front of his face, "As we all know... As Alphas, we follow the tradition of letting our hair grow out long and proud to signify the peace we have been able to achieve and maintain over the term of our reigns over the packs we love so much... And we do so to honor the pledge our ancestors took when they first drafted the articles in front of us... A single glance could and still can tell the character of the Alpha encountered, because for each instance of violence acted out of the original documents were signed resulted in a haircut that would result in shame and shunning until said alpha's mane had grown back out... Today we've adjusted how the tradition operates, basing how many inches we take directly off of the severity of the crime, and our Lunas have taken on the tradition for themselves as well as a show of solidarity, and to show their commitment to helping keep our lives as peaceful as they can be."

...

Silas

...

He smells so good... And he's so soft... 

Alic's voice is nothing more than the annoying buzzing of a fly or a bumblebee... Something easily ignored if it's not right next to your ear and not trying to land on you... I know I should be looking at the pamphlet in front of us and following along as Alic guides us more to a more in-depth open discussion on what should be added or subtracted to the hair tradition, Lukas having the suggestion that maybe when we step down and can finally cut our hair once our sons take over that the ponytails be collected and donated to wig making charities and being the only one that actually holds my attention for a few minutes while he explains himself and the logic behind it... Though I have a feeling that if he wasn't sitting right next to me that I would have been able to hear him at all... But once he's done speaking I find myself drawn back into the one person who constitutes my whole world and how beautiful he is... 

I'll be fine with whatever the others decide, and if not I can always bring it up later in the week or even next year when we all find ourselves back here again to dissect the very same material as we're pouring over now... I know that if something truly crappy were to be suggested Collin would step in, and I have a feeling that Lukas and Harper would step in also... So mentally I'm in the clear to bow my head down to press my nose into his beautiful mess of curls to inhale the delicious comfort always to be found in his scent... The spice-laced kick it's taken on because of his heat so very intoxicating... 

Just because we can't be alone to cuddle doesn't mean that we can't enjoy ourselves as appropriately as we can while still in the presence of everyone else... 

As long as we keep ourselves quiet and discreet... No more whimpers... Just my hand adjusting itself under his shirt so I can dip my fingers into the rolled-up waistband of his borrowed sweats and feel the peach fuzz that he thinks constitutes a real happy trail... My sweet Princess... The way he twitches when I sink down just slightly in our chair so that I can spread my thighs just a little wider underneath him to give my aching cock a little bit more breathing room underneath him...